ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Night/Light pollution tips...

SQ5
Heading down to the Canary wharf area of London friday night to grab some photos of everything lit up!

Any tips please?

106 GTI
Instead of using the shutter button use a remote button or set the camera on timer countdown as this ensures the camera wont wobble

SQ5
Always shoot in RAW and whenever doing long exposure shots, 2 seconds countdown is on. Bloody annoying when you get your camera out next time and realise you've left it on!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i would shoot with a small aperture (from f11 - f32) to reduce flare and create nice star burst effects on the streetlights. the smaller the aperture the greater the effect.

example pics off the net
f14
138809969_W2VM2-M.jpg

f22
184278269_zzjTX-M.jpg

SQ5
Smaller aperture is the bigger number yea? Thus letting less light through?

Cheers :)

O an awsome photos :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Smaller aperture is the bigger number yea? Thus letting less light through?

Cheers :)

O an awsome photos :)

yep that right mate,

not my pics im affraid :(

aperture also effects depth of field, the larger the F number ie F22 (small aperture) the larger the depth of field

Fiat Panda 100hp
Wouldn't use a tripod there mate, it's not allowed. Security will be on you pretty quickly.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Yeah its technically illegal to set up a tripod in a street without permission from the council. And I forgot to say watch out for light pollution, I had to spend many hours photoshoping my images as there is soo much light pollution. There is not much you can do but photoshop the sky, you will see a huge amount of orange glow around the buildings and its very very frustrating, a ctb filter may reduce ambient noise from street lights etc.

182 & Porsche 986
i find the light trains of just a road a bit boring/uncreative. the light graffiti ones are pretty cool

SQ5
Got back at 3am this morning, got a few good ones. Had no reall problems with security or setting up a tripod anywhere, and that involed the central reservation on the embankment near houses of parliment lol!

Gonna process them later tonight to get rid of the orange glow, which wasn't as bad as I first thought!