ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NI?

Clio Rush 1.2
Any of the users here from Northern Ireland?

Be good to see that tbh!!

I'm from NI clearly or wouldn't have posted the thread.

So if yah are, gimme a shout!! Haha :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Alright everybody.....bout' ye!

Can't believe I've only seen this now...anyhow...
The last weekend in January, meet up for a photoshoot and grab some lunch somewhere - who's in? :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I could possibly be tempted.. by that lunch! Cars going through MOT at the end of Jan though :dapprove: Needa drop it in for a quick check up and fix everything that's fooked then put on some 40MM springs. Ordering them from a guy on here in Jan.

Also need my headlights corrected.. hint hint :clap:.

How's things Trev?

Cro

Meg'd r27
I miss proper meets! Garage is full of random rs and clio parts as a constant reminder, but once i can get the bumpers/wings etc shifted it'll all but be gone :(

Would be up for that, car needs attention though, colour code finishing and wind deflectors fitting, wheel refurb and spray, badge colour code, lowering... *sigh* Endless bloody list :(

Ok, so just to summarise, we're meeting on the 28-29th January, last weekend.

People going
(Second list is for unconfirmed)
  1. _Logie
  2. Tigger
  3. Clio_Rush
  4. Myself
  1. Cro-Clio
  2. T_2_the_C
  3. LiamC
  4. ...
I know there are more Northern Ireland members here, mass PM time?
We could try a post on the John44w forum for a clio meet. Might push numbers up a bit but might also have some... sideeffects. :p

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Tigger get your finger out and do a group PM ;-)

I'm happy enough for thay but I generally did laugh when you said 'side effects' haha! Up to yourself anyways if you wanna.

Looking to sort a set of springs now, found out I've got a cracked rear spring :mad:

Tigger get your finger out and do a group PM ;-)

I'm happy enough for thay but I generally did laugh when you said 'side effects' haha! Up to yourself anyways if you wanna.

Looking to sort a set of springs now, found out I've got a cracked rear spring :mad:

Haha, if we dwindle in numbers, ie below 5, then I think I will. Be prepared for berberry coloured bodykits and cut springs though.

Oh well at least it gives you an excuse to lash out on some new springs! :) Do you think you'll lower her and how much by?

Once I have the coileys on I'll set her at 50mm on the 17"s and then lower again on the 15"s.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
That's the thing, I dunno how much. Posted in the suspension section asking about a few things because I hear non sports are a fecker to lower as they don't drop by stated amount. So hoping for some feedback but none as of yet.

Whens the coilovers coming? Which 15" yiu going for?

That's the thing, I dunno how much. Posted in the suspension section asking about a few things because I hear non sports are a fecker to lower as they don't drop by stated amount. So hoping for some feedback but none as of yet.

Whens the coilovers coming? Which 15" yiu going for?
The FKs are coming soon, tomorrow I reckon; early next week at the latest. I'm refurbing the BKs shown in my project thread, they're 15" and will be painted white, hopefully they'll suit the car really well when she is decked. Plus they're on lower profile tyres so the car could go even lower. :)

Basically, non-sports will drop 40mm comfortably. Then if you want to drop any more you need to modify something to allow for clearance (I think it is removing the rear mud guards because they'll rub against the rear wheels), then you can drop to 60mm. But the ride is meant to be quite harsh at 60mm, so I recommend 40mm for just springs. Plus the Eibach Sportlines will only lower by up to 40mm I think, and those are meant to be the good ones.

By the way, a halfords guy told me that stuff about the rear mud guards, I'm not sure if it's correct since he seemed quite edgy himself! :p

Last edited:
  Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Aint gonna splash for Eibachs lol Will just get some Apex possible or another set. So hopefully get those Monday or around then and have them fitted for Friday. Removing my mudflaps too :dead: Forgot to remove them when I got my alloys fitted the last day there.

What have you got planned for being done when the meets on?

Aint gonna splash for Eibachs lol Will just get some Apex possible or another set. So hopefully get those Monday or around then and have them fitted for Friday. Removing my mudflaps too :dead: Forgot to remove them when I got my alloys fitted the last day there.

What have you got planned for being done when the meets on?
Fit FKs and lower around 70mm
White Mirror covers, badges, bullets (w/ Black 16v) and wheels.
Thin plates
Fix leak in ceiling
Detail paintwork
White fog bulbs fitted
Aero Wipers too
New numberplate bulb holder
Might invest in a sub for the boot with the halfords voucher I got for christmas :) lol

You got all the bits on the car yet? :)

Any progress on this meet by the way?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Alrighty folks, hows Sunday 29th sound for a wee run out somewere....Magherafelt or somewhere like that maybe?

*** Don't worry what the hell is wrong with your car! If it needs a wash it'll probably be raining when we get a day off anyway lol

Unless it's sitting on 3 wheels or something major - get into the dam thing and get out for a chat with us :)
Mine is due a few plans but I want to get a run out with you lot too so as above.....

People going
(Second list is for unconfirmed)
  1. _Logie
  2. Tigger
  3. Clio_Rush
  4. Myself
  1. Cro-Clio
  2. T_2_the_C
  3. LiamC
  4. ...

"Navy" N17 TWO
Updated the list for the Group PM....has to be done manually as there is no way of searching the forum (yet) for people in our region :rolleyes:

IF YOU ARE FROM N. IRELAND and not on this list - PLEASE LET ME KNOW so I can keep you in the know of meets etc :)

01chris02;
221 DCI WILLY;
adam1942;
alan-p-11;
B U C K F 4 S T;
Brian1993;
chinner r27;
christianmcgeady;
Clio||16v;
Clio_Rush;
Cro-Clio;
cstewart;
Darr3n88;
Davney07;
duckass300;
euro_wellsy;
JamieG95;
jinjur;
Jonnysh54;
kel000;
kingwick;
kylus;
Liam 172cup;
Lil_Bex;
localknoxville;
Marty90;
mattyb46;
Matty_smb;
Mau5#;
Mossmen;
munnster;
Nigel-Black;
OiNK;
ourboy;
paulmcmillen;
phillly;
porter_posfb;
quikshine;
rachael101;
raffopj;
rapid06;
savo;
slinky2000;
stevies5_mufc;
stu-172;
substar12;
T_2_the_C;
_Logie;

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Got my car serviced for MOT so gotta get the rust bucket through it now.

Unfortunately no lows for me :( Header anything > 60mm is pointless for non sport, although mines doesn't even sit high so I thought 40mm would be ample. Might just remove the mudflaps for the meet.

Also, someone needs to correct my headlights!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good man!

If someone didn't live in the arsehole of beyond he could come down here & we'd do the 2 cars ;)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Hmmm... I was in cookstown the last day picking up my alloys. Should have called down lol.

Here, who owns the RB 182 in cookstown? Near glenavon.

"Navy" N17 TWO
You should have! Oh well good excuse to roll back up this way again :)

God knows who owns that, I've seen it a few times though

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Seen my alloys? Reason I got them was because I needed tyres for my MOT so for 100quid I don't think they look too bad. Will suffice until I get my DCi.

Leave a flyer on it ya lazy git, supposed to be an Area Rep.

Btw, I've got a mate in work here who knows who you are. Small world.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nope havent seen or heard of you in a while buddy

Flyer? Be hard to flyer a car thats passing you on the other side of a dual carrigeway ;) lol
I might be wrong but it could be a fella used to work in Coles

Indeed it is a small world - but who the hell knows me now :eek:

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Tis a nice wee motor. Might put one on the next time I'm around that area.

Look at my progress thread, they're on there. Decent for 100, happy enough with them. MOT now on Tuesday so this should be fun lol.

Paul Hanna? Said he worked in Maccie D's with you. I was mentioning to him about the meet and he said who goes. Told him last time it was just me and 'a guy from Dungannon in a 172' he just said by any chance is his name Trev lol.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Jap import Integra. Nice motor it is too.

You can text me what you really wanna say lol.

So is this meet set in stone then or what?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Know him from workin in our place donkeys ago, don't know why though as he was THE STIG back then :S lol