ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next year insurance with black box *Asking on behalf of a friend*

Clio Rs 200T
Basically my friend has a black box on his car, and since his insurance is going to run out soon he has started looking at quotes. But every where he has looked the insurance is more then what he paid for his 1st year so could anyone shed any light on why it's more? Could the black box be affecting the cost?

clio 182 trophy
Basically my friend has a black box on his car, and since his insurance is going to run out soon he has started looking at quotes. But every where he has looked the insurance is more then what he paid for his 1st year so could anyone shed any light on why it's more? Could the black box be affecting the cost?

The black box in theory is supposed to bring premiums down. Has he had any warnings off of his insurance for his driving style or? How much has it gone up by?

clio 182 trophy
Not that I know off mate, apparently he's looking at paying £400+ more

That obviously doesn't sound right. He needs to get a renewal quote off of his current insurance and if it is 400 like you said then ask for a full explanation why. Sounds mental that. Insurance companies are a joke.

Clio Rs 200T
Could it have gone up due to moving house? I've heard that can put it up/down?
Im going to try get a quote same car see if I can get it cheaper

clio 182 trophy
Could it have gone up due to moving house? I've heard that can put it up/down?
Im going to try get a quote same car see if I can get it cheaper

I just changed my policy as my address has changed and my job role. Gone up a fair bit. Gutted. My best mates sister is in the same boat as she has had to go with a black box or she doesn't have a car. 4K without one about 1.5k with. They got all young drivers by the balls. You have to be home by 11 and can't leave until 7am. f**king jokers.

Clio Rs 200T
Sucks balls I had one for my first year wasn't too bad in all fairness but after my first year was done and black box was removed my insurance only went down by £200 but I just don't see why his is going up :S

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How old is he
where does he live
whats the car
whats his job
where is it kept overnight and during the day
im guessing he's got 1 ncb?

try elephants 10 month bonus accelerator

Clio Rs 200T
Peterborough Hampton
Citroen C2
Apprentice Carpenter
Kept on the side of the road.
Yeah will have 1year NCB

Will pass that elephant 10month bonus accelerator on to him.

Mx5
I had a black box for my first year I didn't get a years no claim as one of the other policy holders had an accident. First year was £1700 on a 1.2 I decided to renew with them as they where the cheapest but I was looking at £2000 until I asked for a quote with the other policy holders removed and it went down to £998 on a 1.6. I haven't moved house however.