ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next 'real south west' meet- the moors

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
We're already going karting at St. Eval though.

I may be up for a passenger ride if anyone's offering, I haven't had the chance to go in a 1*2 yet :(

LY 172
Your welcome to a blip in mine. But long trips are a no no. Unless you want your ears to bleed. Ooh and FYI. Plymouth karting are currently building an outdoor track. :p. Doesn't look as good as st eval tho.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Will have to take a peek at Plymouth, fingers crossed for decent karts to go with it lol

Many thanks for the offer ;) I can imagine it'd be pretty rorty considering yours is normally the loudest at any meet!

172 Sport
Stop fecking arranging meets for Saturdays, people who work for a living cannot go to them. :(

PB Clio 172
Stop fecking arranging meets for Saturdays, people who work for a living cannot go to them. :(

this is one reason I am not doing one on a Saturday I know most work then, its a working day after all! Glad you all agree on St Eval its an epic track and no where in the SW can beat it don't care what Plymouth do it will be naff. So then what do you guys think about this

Sunday 24th June as a provisional date for The Moors meet

LY 172
I would. But only because I live on Dartmoor ;)

Could we say something like south-west meet first weekend of every month ?

PB Clio 172
I would aswell

I would love too but can't see that many of us that would turn up ! Great idea though ! :p

I would turn up anyways Moor's meet every month !

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like to do frequent meets at regular locations, and big meets every now and then. I figure it's easier to get to know people at smaller meets than big ones, but then it's great to have 15-20 cars at a meet.

EDIT: Plymcl172 beat me to it :eek:

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172
what did I beat you too ? lol

Well lets try for the 24th if you guys think it should be another day we have plenty of time too change it ! :p

172 Sport
I suggest 1st Sunday of every month, meet at The Rock at Yelverton.

That's the meet I used to do for SW Dubs, and that was quite popular. Meet at the actual rock then either walk across to the pub or go off to Princetown and have a good hoon.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
exactly, I would probably only come to 1 of them as i would be driving from n.devon. it would be better imo if the meets were more central...

The reason I liked St. Eval is that there is very rarely, if at all, a meet in Cornwall. There's a fair few new members down there who are being left out of the regional activities. It's not going to be the case that every meet is in the south of the area, but I feel it's only fair to spread them out. You may have a fairly long drive for one meet, but you may only have a very short one for the next. Anyway, nobody can complain about running to the sun ;)

I suggest 1st Sunday of every month, meet at The Rock at Yelverton.

That's the meet I used to do for SW Dubs, and that was quite popular. Meet at the actual rock then either walk across to the pub or go off to Princetown and have a good hoon.

This is one of my priority sites, along with the Dartmoor Diner (if it isn't too busy). +1 on the date.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The reason I liked St. Eval is that there is very rarely, if at all, a meet in Cornwall. There's a fair few new members down there who are being left out of the regional activities. It's not going to be the case that every meet is in the south of the area, but I feel it's only fair to spread them out. You may have a fairly long drive for one meet, but you may only have a very short one for the next. Anyway, nobody can complain about running to the sun ;)

no no, lets be honest, we are going to st Eval cos the karts ar fast as f**k! lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
well thats the only reason i'll probably be going anyway lol surely the karting and moors meet (being onthe same weekend) can be done on the same day?!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
how long do you think we would be a the karting centre? We could do the moors after I was thinking. Karting > back to dartmoor area, quick drive about > pub for food > pics of cars on moors at sunset if suns out? Am I packing in to much for 1 day?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say about 6 hours to go down to St. Eval from Plymouth, kart there, blast a few of the local roads (worth it. Look to the west of St. Eval, and follow the B3276. Great coastal road) and come back to Plymouth.

The original idea of these meets would be to see who's more suitable as an area rep, but if it's more fun to have one BIG meet then that stuff can be put on a back burner.

172 Sport
Jesus guys, I am fed up with all this pissing around.

I WILL be at The Rock (the actual Rock) on Sunday 27th at about 2PM, if you are there then great to see you if not enjoy your karting.

No debating, no discussion. THAT is the time that I will be there, I suggest you guys are too.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's the spirit ;)

I'm thinking a meal somewhere? If we could get parked nearby the Ferry House Inn would be great of an evening, but that's not too likely.

How about trying out the Dartmoor Diner?

EDIT: Oh FFS.