ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next option after H&R

Clio MK 4
H&R collies are just to expensive. I know people will say it worth it but really dont want to fork out for that much. Whats the next option you'd go for after these? I want it reletively low so no eibach springs and no apex springs as they shite.

RB 200 Cup!
could try trawling through the for sale section on here - sure i saw a set of coilys for sale the other day

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got my coilovers setup on the dci Clio for £65
They weren't damping adjustable just height adjustable though

Were fitted by the service manager for the Irish rally driver Eugene Donnelly

Nikon D700
It's only £200ish quid if you want the car corner weighted...

It's probably worth fitting them yourself, getting them so you are happy with them, then taking the car to get the wheels aligned for £40 or whatever! Atleast that's what im gonna do when the FKs are here!

I've taken a risk not going for H&R, but if it's saved me £200, and I can get them set up so i'm happy with them. i think i'll be happy... i hope...

"Navy" N17 TWO
I went for FKs on my dci when I was lowering it.
The FKs went out of stock everywhere at the time so I got a deal on a Cobra Evo 1 setup instead - better choice from what I hear about FK (very hard & crashy)

A decent second hand set of H&R's should cost around £300-400

Too many people get them, slam it and never use them properly then get bored quickly.

Clio MK 4
The FKs went out of stock everywhere at the time so I got a deal on a Cobra Evo 1 setup instead - better choice from what I hear about FK (very hard & crashy)

How much were the cobra evo 1 collies? Are they height adjustable fronts and rears?

Has anybody else had experience with these?

Clio dci

How much were the cobra evo 1 collies? Are they height adjustable fronts and rears?

Has anybody else had experience with these?

Lowers Front By 30-70mm & Rear 30-50mm COBRA Super Formula coil-over EVO-I kit: Coil-over shock absorbers with racing springs and helper springs. Spring seats adjustable in height (front and rear), lowering up to 80mm. Twin-Tube Gas-pressure shock absorbers with fixed damping. Zinc-Galvanized housing. TÜV –approved.

copy by this side:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=168836

What about weitec?
Front 35-65mm, and rear 30-50mm
http://cgi.ebay.de/WEITEC-Gewinde-H...1291358QQihZ008QQcategoryZ70158QQcmdZViewItem
And they are good quality

Last edited:
  Ph1 172
Im suprised the h&rs are peoples favourite with no damper adjustment.
Does anyone on here use them on road and track as I would like to eventually? If so are they to soft on the track or to hard on the road in your opinions?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone on here use them on road and track as I would like to eventually? If so are they to soft on the track or to hard on the road in your opinions?

I've heard that H&R's, are the best coilovers for track and road.

Ph1 172
same as from what ive read on here, but i cant see how they could be without damping adjustment, surely theve got to either be too hard for road or too soft for track?

unless you just drop the car lower for track days? but then thatll mess my geometry up!

Comprimise.

Adjustable suspension is an overkill on a road car that goes up the A1 for the majority of it's time.

Race cars are different, for performance you would tailor the damper rates for each circuit.

I very much doubt the average Joe would have the tools to set them up either.

I've heard that H&R's, are the best coilovers for track and road.
There great for reoad use a bit soft for track there no idea coilover for all uses though.

H and R come in a few spec levels higher level stuff is fully adjustable but expensive and realy excessive for most owners.