ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next meet ideas?

Where do you want the meet to be?

• Karting

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Wales (brecon beacons drive and pics day)

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Devon

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Coastal run

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Megane 225 F1
Well after the success of last nights meet, on to the next one. Lets try and get as many as we can while this weather lasts. Evening meets work well for most people at weekends i think. Less traffic etc.

My 1st thought is a coastal run. Drive down the coast, stopping off at a few places for pics, food etc. (Obviously this would be a whole day type thing).

I also think a meet like last night, just a different location (suggestions welcome please), as they are easy to organise and flexable around people.

So any ideas then? My coastal idea will most likely take place in August after me and dan have planned it (he doesnt know this yet :rasp: )

Megane 225 F1
Only took me and ash 30 mins to get back last night. Dude these meets take place all over. You need to spend some petrol money to have fun ;)

Ph2 Clio 172
KARTING :) Avonmouth Bristol is the best place by farr.... :)

Really?

Tried to go there a couple of times with some mates. First time they had booked out the Arrive and Drive session with a GP, and the second time they seemed totally disorganised and expected us to wait 2 and a half hours for an arrive and drive.

Went to M4 Karting at Hullavington instead, very good there. Track isnt as exciting, but much better organised and all a good laugh.

I know I need to spend money Will. I spend to much getting to and from work though! :). I need to watch this forum more though so I dont keep missing the meets!

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Our uni motorclub goes to the raceway a lot and we have never had any trouble with them.. We always book events tho rather than arrive and drive. Really good track quite technical in parts not about just keeping your foot in everywhere.

Williams 2 & 200
Really?

Tried to go there a couple of times with some mates. First time they had booked out the Arrive and Drive session with a GP, and the second time they seemed totally disorganised and expected us to wait 2 and a half hours for an arrive and drive.

Went to M4 Karting at Hullavington instead, very good there. Track isnt as exciting, but much better organised and all a good laugh.

I know I need to spend money Will. I spend to much getting to and from work though! :). I need to watch this forum more though so I dont keep missing the meets!

Yeah M4 karting is good, would like to see a meet around here tbh i'm in central wilts so avonmouth and cheddar are bloody hour and a half trips each way!

Ph2 Clio 172
Only trouble with karting is:

a) getting enough people interested
b) getting ebough people DEFINATELY interested so that they dont all just drop out nearer the time leaving you with hardly anyone left.

If were going to arange Karting then we should arange a proper event, book it out and take depostis to stop the 11th hour drop outs leaving us short.

But then, dont we all drive go karts anyway? :)

Megane 225 F1
Only trouble with karting is:

a) getting enough people interested
b) getting ebough people DEFINATELY interested so that they dont all just drop out nearer the time leaving you with hardly anyone left.

If were going to arange Karting then we should arange a proper event, book it out and take depostis to stop the 11th hour drop outs leaving us short.

But then, dont we all drive go karts anyway? :)

Im looking into using our own go-karts on track ;) Maybe a track day at combe, just trying to get details of costs etc.

Clio 182ff
Convoy and overnight stay in Newquay (block book a cheap hostal); pick up the Exeter, Plymouth and Cornwall lot for a massive SW/CS meet and p*ss up!

Could be epic! :approve:

UR R26
Don't tell me about this post then :O. Did anybody reply to what we've talked about? I think that's probably the best bet, or karting who doesn't like karting :D

Megane 225 F1
Don't tell me about this post then :O. Did anybody reply to what we've talked about? I think that's probably the best bet, or karting who doesn't like karting :D

I sent you a txt the other day ;) ive also spoken to the south. Things are being sorted ;)

Caterham 270R
Convoy and overnight stay in Newquay (block book a cheap hostal); pick up the Exeter, Plymouth and Cornwall lot for a massive SW/CS meet and p*ss up!

Could be epic! :approve:

A meet with the devon lot would be cool , meet at the same place they did on the beach.....

All my family live in brixham so know the area very well

Clio 182ff
A meet with the devon lot would be cool , meet at the same place they did on the beach.....

All my family live in brixham so know the area very well

It would be good to unify the whole SW in one massive meet, epecially as a lot are not going to FCS cos of the distance.

What was the beach they met on?

Megane 225 F1
Tbh guys down the m5 isnt THAT far to go if you think about it. If us sw meet half way down with the souther sw people then it should work out fairly.

Megane 225 F1
Im fine doing that, its just other people that dont like travelling. Ironic considering its a car club ;)

Megane 225 F1
I do s**t loads of miles in my cars. i did around 42k in my corsa in 2 years and so far done 20k in my clio in the last year and half

Megane 225 F1
Ok so me and dan have been talking and we have some results.

As june is FCS its a busy time for us all. So nothing much will happen. A longwell / cribs meet should take place. The south central may be having a bbq meet which we can attend but thats still under work.

So now for july and august.

4 options. One of which im sure you will all chose for certain ;)

So:

1) Karting

2) Wales (brecon beacons drive and pics day)

3) Devon (meeting up with the devon and cornwall people half way to do something like go to the beach etc.

4) Coastal run( basicall start in bristol and drive down the coast stopping off at set locations for pics / food etc. Can be a over night thing maybe, depending on peoples funds, but camping or travel lodge isnt to expensive)

So i dont expect people to be able to afford them all as thats alot of money, but i think at least 2 of them.

I will try and get a poll up.

LY R26
karting, i'd win, hit bristol after, kebab, end. :cool:

im down for any of the ideas tho, wales runs are cool but not so good if its a large group of cars