ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newly refurbed wheels

Weeman sucks ****
Just had my turinis refurbed, what is there about that i could use? I won't be running the carbone lorraines for a while and if i do i will be cleaning them every hour!

I got some megs stage 3 wax, is that alright to put on and build up?

Clio 200/Clio 182
Ideally, use a dedicated wheel sealant such as Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Apply as many coats as you possibly can, i'd recommend around 5 coats to see you through around 12 months. You can apply a coat, buff it off, then apply another, and keep going until your arms fall off with no problems.

Poorboys Wheel Sealant is available, Here. Go to Car Care Products, then Wheels.

Meguiars Stage 3, or any other car wax, cannot cope with the high temperature of brake dust and is therefore pretty useless at protecting your wheels against it.

Once you have sealed your wheels, as long as you are washing them often enough (Once a week or so), then you shouldn't have to use any dedicated wheel cleaners, just a strong car shampoo solution will suffice.

HTH,

Gaz
www.detailmyride.co.uk

106 GTi
The Megs Stage 3 stuff won't last long Chris.

I would just use Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection if you want something off the shelf, easily lasts as long (probably longer) than any of the dedicated wheel sealants out there.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
As said, the megs stage 3 stuff is rubbish. Just as a note, out of that 3 stage stuff, only the stage 1 cleaner is actually worth using IMO.

As for protection, I use poorboys wheel sealent and it's great. Put 3 layers on a few weeks ago and there's no signs or it wearing off yet. As rich says, SRP and EGP is also a popular wheel combo. Some people like to use Jetseal 109 too, but I havn't used it myself so can't reall comment.

Good luck doing 5 coats of PB wheel sealent too, it was tedious enough doing 3!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just given my Wheels a Couple of Coats of SRP and EGP so hoopefully that will Help protect them as my Old Wheels did not get much care and it now shows :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! Keep doing what you do best chris! Drive! Just wash them once a yr it'll be sound! ;)

(I use poor boys stuff and never need anything other than APC and Tardis to make them all sparkly again!)

Weeman sucks ****
lol^^^

well im sure in time they'll be getting all the sh!t a track can throw up at them. i'm just glad to have kerbed free wheels without hardcore pad dust all over them.

will be looking after them. just need another new front end again cos of the stone chips lol.