ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy #343
Hello, I've been introduced to the site by chip and as he now owns most the clio's in Taunton I thought I would see what it's all about.

I am currently in the process of considering a new project as for the last... Well all my toy cars have been vauxhall, starting with a road going versions of a nova 1200, Corsa b 1400, Corsa b 2.0 8v, Corsa b xe, Corsa b let then onto purpose built track cars being a fully stripped and caged Corsa b xe which Unfortunately got stolen :-( and more recently a quite well specked Corsa b let which had just rose jointed front end, evo turbo, aftermarket management, quaiffe to name but a few bits... This has cost way too much money for what it is and really has not being as rewarding as we hoped whilst stupidly fast when using just not reliable enough.

so with this in mind I'm considering owning a Clio, I'm looking at a few things at the minute but am just looking for some pointers on what to buy, what to look for and what best buy mods people would recommend :) also are there any for sale cars I would be interested in :)

im not wanting another big power car this time, I'm toying with the idea of throttle bodies and maybe follow chips turbo example but before that I want to be doing plenty of track days a year :) my money will be spent in the handling side of things and just get that all good first

anyway, I've rambled on for long enough....

cheers

rich

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Glad you found your way over here mate.

Handling wise there is a lot to be said for just a freshen up of the parts with genuine renault bits (use cup parts they are slightly better) and a set of springs.

You really should take out the mrs 172 for a few laps at beford on saturday and see if you can live with how slow these cars are compared to what you are used to with the corsa. Hers is just uprated springs and new everything else, so basically drives like they should do.

Personally I think you'll love it, but you might find it a bit "seriously is that all there is?" on the straights!

I'd deffo recomend turbo over ITB given that you will no doubt end up wanting decent power and anything past about 240bhp on these engines gets expensive and unreliable if going for bodies.

Clio Trophy #343
I'm doing my homework at the minute but I'm looking for a 172 cup I think, chip has been on hand to give me some pointers!
im hoping to be on a track soon seeing what the handling hype is all about :)

putting a build plan together to do so I know what we are after over the next couple of years

Clio Trophy #343
Hey :)

I heard you were looking to move over to the french lol

You're welcome to have a go in mine :)

lol

it's looking that way, im also going to have to learn how to pedal a bit harder now, cant cruise the corners and them bomb the straights anymore ha ha

if you did not mind that would be brilliant :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rich, that is a very valid point, its definitely a good way to learn car control to have something a lot slower where every mph you can carry through the bends counts.