ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with some questions!

Audi S2
I would like to say hello to the forum and introduce myself. Im based in Kent and looking at buying a Renault Clio Sport. Ihave owned many powerful audi's in the past but im looking at getting a clio while i save for my house. From what i hear they are great little cars. :)
Before i commint myself to buying does anyone know this car:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1360295.htm
Im hopefully going to buy it soon but i need some advice on what to look out for? Any problems with these cars?

172 ff
hi mate welcome to cs. The car looks mint in the pics. had mine for 6 months its a ff not a cup but had no probs with it. They are top cars i love mine. Just make sure The belts av been done if not get some cash off as it can be from 300 to 500 quid depending on where u take it.

172 cup
Id echo what Joyce says about the belts. Ive just bought a cup and paid £1k more than that but its imacculate and has done less miles than that.

Definately check whether belts have been done. Ive been getting stupid quotes £400 upwards.

Barge
It's missing it's splitter, a lot of them are and it's no biggie. But if you want one they're around £130 quid. Steering wheels are generally worn/melted too, but there are some around which are in good condition. I'd say just make sure it's service history all adds up too, and check the boot floor for creases, just to be sure. Other than that give it a test drive and see how it feels.

EDIT: The alloys look a little tired in those pics, nothing a nice refurb wouldn't sort out. Noticed the thumb grips are a little damaged too - Ktec do replacements in carbon fibre. :)

Audi S2
Thanks for the replies. I see a lot of people put these on the track due to how well they handle. What are the brakes like for track work?

Barge
You might want to upgrade the ones which are on, to be honest depending how hard you'd drive it on track you could go through a set of brakes pads easily, or especially ones which had been on the car previous to tracking it. There's plenty of info on here, I'm not sure what you can see as a forum member - but there's a lot of useful sections, guides, etc. and you get a lovely membership pack from our Brian. £10 for one year. :)

Audi S2
Where do you get the front splitters from, renault dealerships? Apparently the cam belt has been done although no paperwork to support this.

Barge
Ask her where she got it done at, they'll be able to verify it for you if it genuinely has been done. If she can't remember then I'd be wary.

I think you can get splitters through Renault, or Ktec do them.