ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with phase 2 172

Kangoo 172
Hi all, My name is Andy and live in north Bristol and own a 2003 Clio 172 I have been inspired by a clio sport member to build a 172 kangoo and would like to thank him for passing on his knowledge. I am no stranger to building one off vehicles, so heres a pic of a past project, hope you like it.

DSC00402.jpg

This one is a Mini Domino with a supercharged 998 engine.

Thanks for looking Andy

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Crikey, that was one Fugly mini, fingers crossed the 172 doesnt end up looking like that, lol

Supercharged sounds good though, got any pics or details of the engine?

Kangoo 172
Hi,and thanks for your reply heres a pic of it when I got it.

DSC01422.jpg

And a pic of the engine.

DSC00591.jpg

The engine is a A series 998 with a 12G295 cooper head M45 blower.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting doing it as a suck through setup, must confess its not what I would do, but still kinda cool that you did it at all :)

Head from a 998 cooper engine I take it, but presumably lower CR than the cooper unit?

What power and torque did it make?

Kangoo 172
Hi, when a 998 came out the factory it had a whopping 34bhp and I managed to get 70 bhp and 75 pft not bad for the grand sum of £300, I made all the kit myself.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool gains :)

I had a 998 convertable but put a 1380cc lump in it with 100bhp rather than mess around with the original engine, I do like quirky stuff though so fair play to you :)