ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie with ph1 172

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
hi all just bought a ph1 172 in red 2001 (Y) with 55k ......this afternoon will be looking for some bits and pieces ,some advice etc

hope you're all a friendly bunch

thanks

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
hi all just bought a ph1 172 in red 2001 (Y) with 55k ......this afternoon will be looking for some bits and pieces ,some advice etc

hope you're all a friendly bunch

thanks

famous last words. welcome to cs matey. will learn alot about whats hot and whats not in a very short space of time

Last edited:

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
hi

sorry forgot to say

looking to do mostly trackdays in the car......so any helpful tips and parts

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
hi

sorry forgot to say

Coilovers and brakes. Don't waste your money on the engine. It costs £000's to get more power out of them. Try and get it as light as possible too.

Renault Sport Clio 172
welcome to cs dude! can't give any advice.... no one gave me any when i joined this site lol, but good luck all the same, enjoy!

Chocolate Bar™
hi

sorry forgot to say

Coilovers and brakes. Don't waste your money on the engine. It costs £000's to get more power out of them. Try and get it as light as possible too.

amen to that. I toyed with getting cams for mine but in all honesty its quick enough

PH1 172 Sport
As said money is best spent on brakes and suspension.

Only sort of worthwhile engine mods are to get an rstuner (do a search), matched inlets, panel filter, stainless exhaust and on a PH1 a decat/sports cat. Will give you quite a bit more mid range torque etc but in all honestly getting more power out of these things is like getting blood out of a stone.

They are plenty quick enough. If you are doing track days maybe ditch the back bench and spare wheel to start with.

Welcome to CS anyway!!