ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with machine polisher

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Yeah I've been having a read through, I just think it's time I try a machine polisher out now I cba with hand polishing :smile: plus I reckon the car will benefit loads from it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I've been having a read through, I just think it's time I try a machine polisher out now I cba with hand polishing :smile: plus I reckon the car will benefit loads from it

Definitely, it's night and day.

The Tip with the line on the backing pad to keep it spinning at the same rate is really handy for keeping the same pressure and getting a good finish.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Cheers I'll remember that! Only thing that scares me is messing the paint work! I remember letting my mate loose on my 1st car as he was learning and after that I could see buffer marks in the paint, that's what I'm scared of doing haba

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The das pro won't let you do that. Unless you go rotary it's unlikely any other polisher would burn the paint.

Unless of course you feel asleep face down on the machine, probably will then.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Haha well that could happen with the amount of hours I'm working atm feel like a zombie.

I'll do some research on the das pro

Not sure if anyones actually put an order in for the above but at the bottom it says:

"PLEASE NOTE - DISCOUNT CODES WILL NOT WORK ON THIS PRODUCT "

Still not a bad price though

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hes stopped the discount then on the machines ,must not make enough on them.I will ask the owner of saverschoice later

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
keep in mind if you invest in argos one they recommend a 6" backing plate and new pads for it. unsure on cost of these.