ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie williams

mk1 williams, ep82
hello all,

aquired my mk1 williams (no.251) a few weeks ago and am in need of some assistance so get your knowledge and know how ready for my questions lol

cheers

mk1 williams, ep82
Welcome mate.. any pics?

IMG_20130518_153807.jpg

IMG_20130518_153758.jpg

IMG_20130518_095023.jpg

IMG_20130518_094941.jpg

IMG_20130517_203304.jpg

IMG_20130517_203241.jpg

IMG_20130517_203228.jpg

IMG_20130517_194142.jpg

Can never take enough pictures ;)

Clio 182
I wish you the best of luck! I tried and failed to restore a willy 1, it was just taking up too much time and money and the list just didnt seem to get any shorter...... Sorry if that doesn't fill you with confidence but once you have it done I think they are one if the coolest looking hatches around so I'm sure it will be all worth it ;)

​I saw one at Cadwell park last weekend and it brought a tear to my eye lol

P.s. I have quite a few interior parts still lying around if you are struggling

mk1 williams, ep82
I wish you the best of luck! I tried and failed to restore a willy 1, it was just taking up too much time and money and the list just didnt seem to get any shorter...... Sorry if that doesn't fill you with confidence but once you have it done I think they are one if the coolest looking hatches around so I'm sure it will be all worth it ;)

​I saw one at Cadwell park last weekend and it brought a tear to my eye lol

P.s. I have quite a few interior parts still lying around if you are struggling

im a bodyshop technician by trade and have a handful of mechanic mates with plenty of kit so should b a breeze.

i do need stuff like door panels etc but ill get a list and pm u what i need sometime

cheers

Clio 182
im a bodyshop technician by trade and have a handful of mechanic mates with plenty of kit so should b a breeze.

i do need stuff like door panels etc but ill get a list and pm u what i need sometime

cheers

Yeah well I thought the same thing, I'm not a qualified mechanic but I'm getting pretty handy nowadays (with alot of help from members on here ;) )and I'm good mates with a body guy. Unfortunately the unevitable (I have no idea all of a sudden how to spell that) still happened and I just could not put the time into it. Would have loved to finished it because like I say I think they look so cool, but I had to choose between williams or 182 track car and I got hooked on the latter.

Yeah just let me know what you're looking for, I don't have much less because I sold loads of it when I sold the car but if I've not got it I've got a great contact for you, a guy breaks them around the Hinckley area in Leicestershire. What he doesn't know about Williams' isnt worth knowing and he has a yard full of parts of part broken williams.

mk1 williams, ep82
Welcome!

When you get started on it, put a progress thread up.

yeah i will dp, i normally do videos all the time and compile them so expect a series at some point.

phase 1 plan is:
engine out - new cluth, cam belt and senors all round
full respray including wheels
collect missing/broken parts in interior - where H4RRY comes in :)

cheers chaps