ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie saying hello

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Just put a deposit down an a Mk 1 Siver 172. Thourghly enjoyed the test drive managed to get the back out a couple of times. Think ive made a good choice and this after owning imprezas, M3s and Integras.

Was considering a 306 gti or even a 182. How do these compare to the 172 is there much difference. Opted for this as it was nice example.

Few questions.

I want to change the standard stereo to my alpine mp3. Is this a straightforward swap.

Is it worth putting on an induction kit on, will it cause any probs.

Its fully serviced & has covered 44000 miles. I think the cambelts been changed but if not when does this have to be done & how much does it cost.

Also whats involved in bringing the steering wheel back to its former glory.

Anything else I need to look out for.

cheers

fat 182
Anything else I need to look out for.

cheers[/QUOTE]

Yeah racing blue 182's they will smoke you at traffic lights

only joking well done on buying one of the best hot hatchs ever .

daz

Meg 225 with cup packs.
mc50 said:
Just put a deposit down an a Mk 1 Siver 172. Thourghly enjoyed the test drive managed to get the back out a couple of times. Think ive made a good choice and this after owning imprezas, M3s and Integras.

What happened, did your pot of cash run dry?:approve: Welcome to the club you'll have as much fun in the Clio, no worrys.

Golf R/Leon FR
hey dude welcome to the club, good choice of RS mate!!!
if you put an Induction kit on put an enclosed one on not an open one too much warm air!!
cambelt needs to be done by 5yrs or 72k which ever is first.
all steering wheels on the MK1 172 do this mine is worn only thing to do is get it re-covered.

mintblue said:
mc50 said:

What happened, did your pot of cash run dry?:approve: Welcome to the club you'll have as much fun in the Clio, no worrys.

lol
Time to be sensible & buy a house.

Garf172 said:
all steering wheels on the MK1 172 do this mine is worn only thing to do is get it re-covered.

How would I go about getting it recovered.

Clio 172 mk2
Welcome to the forum

Cambelt needs to be changed at 72000 miles of every five years....whichever comes first.

Good cars 172s.....sure you'll have plenty of fun in it:D