ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie rs200

Rs 200
hi,
Peeps new to Renault, bought a blue 61 plate Rs 200 for the missis, collect on wed from main dealers.
Will get some pics up once collected, went for a test drive the other day firm ride so think it's got the cup chassis.
Looking forward to the group.

Rs 200
Will need to get some more pics up,once detailed.
CD0694DC-6DDC-403B-8BF3-486B1AF3DDA0_zpsp3ci2v2k.gif

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Welcome mate! Nice looking 200, best buy you've made that. Any plans for it? Or just enjoy it? Brilliant cars

Rs 200
Thanks first up it needs both window seals, been told these are common.
Then performance mods exhaust map and fitter. What gains can be achieved with these.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
You probably won't gain an awful lot from modding it! I've got full decat scorpion and you will find there's a slight flat spot when an aftermarket exhaust is fitted just too warm you before you fit one, but if your getting remapped that get rid of the problem! A lot of people just keep the standard air filter as it doesn't do much performance wise. Get some mountain roads and they come into there own

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Get ready to clean, the shape of the front just screams flys..
image.jpg

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Couple of bottles of bug and tar remover at the ready! How come your selling the 350z heard there really good cars?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Performance mods are a waste on these, you have a cup chassis and recaros some black speedlines, silvervisions and cup or sprint spoiler are all you need :cool:
3dPop_zps45355bd8.jpg

c7a57f20-cb97-4113-aa7e-45320fc28305_zpsdc8ca573.jpg

red2002013_zpsecf83f23.jpg

Rs 200
Couple of bottles of bug and tar remover at the ready! How come your selling the 350z heard there really good cars?

All over it detailing wise proper OCD when it comes to that will get some pics after its machine polished and drowned in dodo juice.

As for zeds the fun cars however as I'm a keen mountain biker I need some thing more practical.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome

I've ran out of ford puns.

Don't bother with trying to extract power from these.

Throw money at brakes and tyres, suspension if you really must and an exhaust (not a cheapo one) if you want some noise.

But n/a power chasing is a fools game.

Rs 200
Hi, knuckles
Mods would be breathing mods ie panel filter and exhaust at some point. As for N/A power is restricted.

I've had loads of forced induction motors and simple mods give big gains..
Tbh I bought the RS200 for the missis however its growing on me light and agile

If you do choose to go down the panel filter route ive normaly got these on the shelf but they are popular so stock levels are never a constant. I can offer these at a reduce rate for Clio sport members.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi, knuckles
Mods would be breathing mods ie panel filter and exhaust at some point. As for N/A power is restricted.

I've had loads of forced induction motors and simple mods give big gains..
Tbh I bought the RS200 for the missis however its growing on me light and agile

A cleanable panel filter is a worthwhile upgrade and an exhaust won't hurt, although cheaper systems accentuate the flat spot at low revs (your missus might not appreciate this), so a map may be worthwhile to remove the flatspot and improve power delivery, but you know it won't give any power.

Don't take it down any B roads or you'll end up buying her another car and keeping the clio for yourself :eek:

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
A cleanable panel filter is a worthwhile upgrade and an exhaust won't hurt, although cheaper systems accentuate the flat spot at low revs (your missus might not appreciate this), so a map may be worthwhile to remove the flatspot and improve power delivery, but you know it won't give any power.

Don't take it down any B roads or you'll end up buying her another car and keeping the clio for yourself :blush:

I second this! If your a traffic light drag racer you'll probably get your pants pulled down by diesels. Few nice B roads and they'll be a long way back!

I popped for a mountain B road run last week, I loved the Clio with its agile nature and what not, but as soon as I went on a top road on it it's made me love it even more!

Norbury90

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Silver 182
I second this! If your a traffic light drag racer you'll probably get your pants pulled down by diesels. Few nice B roads and they'll be a long way back!

I popped for a mountain B road run last week, I loved the Clio with its agile nature and what not, but as soon as I went on a top road on it it's made me love it even more!

Where did you go for the mountains pal? I'm always on the hunt for new routes to enjoy.

Welcome Paul, lovely car

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
North Wales mate, did some mountain runs and then headed by the evo triangle for 3 laps of that! The roads up north wales are all pretty superb to be honest