ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie MK3 Project

Renault Clio MK3 1.4
After having my Renault Clio MK3 2007 for a few months, I think it's time to start adding mods.
I've already ordered a few things including: a k&n induction kit, RS grille, Heko wind deflectors and a Sony MEX-3100U Stereo.
I would appreciate any ideas and feedback from the rest of the ClioSport Community to help and point me in the next direction and advise to what to do next!!

How it looks now...

photo_zps06e544ac.jpg

Renault Clio MK3 1.4
Thanks, I've done some looking into it and 45mm seems the way to go...
Fancy doing up the exterior and interior first and then move onto the more pricier things like springs etc

Renault Clio MK3 1.4
30/40/45mm...(not too sure yet) H&R springs are getting ordered at the end of May
alloys are definitely a later prospect but just debating between canasta's and a few others.

Clio Mk3 1.6
I'd go 45mm minimum tbh, for me 35mm still left quite a large arch gap, most noticeable at the front. I've actually had my old 16" canastas sitting in my loft for over a year now lol they are pretty scuffed up tho from the previous owner not knowing how to park very well ;-)

Last edited:
  Clio MK3- Chatterbox
i have 35mm on mine im sure, also a 5 door, think it looks ok, but sometimes i wish it was bit lower...

Good car to start with tho, keep the mods coming :)

Renault Clio MK3 1.4
New stereo delivered today;Sony MEX-3100U Stereo. Ticks all the boxes: Bluetooth (with handsfree & Mic Built in), Usb, CD, aux etc

photo-2_zpse5aae8eb.jpg

ST1050, 320d
My advice would be to not spend loads of money on it. Just enjoy it for what it is as you'll never get any real performance gains. Save your money and get something faster when the time comes.

Renault Clio MK3 1.4
:( yeah I've come to realise that. I'm going to leave at the tints (will upload pics in a week or so). I'd rather have power over looks and I guess that won't come till my next car.