ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie looking for guidance

SJL

Westfield Megabusa
Hi all,

Potentially looking for a 182 FF in the near future if a new job comes through.

Currently on a 30 day consultation period with my current employer as they are changing my job role and I have to decide if I am going to take the new job they are offering,or find alternative employment(got something possible in the pipeline).

So signed up to try and get some tips on what to look for.

My fun car is a Westfield Megabusa which I finished building two years ago but now need a commuter as going to lose current car usage with either job change.

I am from the Surrey area and did spot a nice 182 on Pistonheads anyone care to comment on it?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2979766.htm

IMG_0275.jpg

clio 182 'full fat'
take it you like orange lol. westfield looks a beast and as for the clio, cant go wrong, sounds a minter!

SJL

Westfield Megabusa
Haha yes even the missus has a orange tinge ;).

Its the mileage that's tempting me on that particular car - well and the colour. Anything in particular that I should be checking as I cant seem to find a common faults thread unless I have missed it.

Thanks it is a bit of a beast

Quick spec on the Westie

Suzuki Haybusa engine
Powerspeed exhaust (decat)
Flatshifter Expert - full throttle upshift and auto blip on downchange
Remapped ECU to remove timing r****d in first gear through to fourth.
520 Kgs weight :D
Quick rack
Paddle shift
Race Technology Dash 2

I wont go on anymore

clio 182 'full fat'
steering wheels wear, rear exhaust hangers perish, dephaser pulleys rattle.
should be fine if that mileage and fsh is genuine tho. mine has 27k now and touch wood its been fine

SJL

Westfield Megabusa
Excellent thanks,just had to search what a dephaser was. Thought it might have been something to do with VVT.