ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Looking at buying a 172

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi All
Im lookin at buyin a 172
Went at looked at one today, 2002 02 reg 41k Black 12months MOT no tax for for 6k
wat ya reckon?
Alloys are all slighty scuffed, theres no ESP, exhaust is blowing at back box but i think its just a bracket

Thanks

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
not bad mileage wise for 02, 10k approx a year. no tax isnt too bad £190 for that (12 months) id say haggle for the alloy repair, so £60 per alloy and if its got an MOT how'd the exhaust get through?

yea how much u reckon offer him? in cash
true but i think its more of a rattly noise/rattly then blowing
thanks

jimmy_nugget said:
yea how much u reckon offer him? in cash
true but i think its more of a rattly noise/rattly then blowing
thanks

5k5 .........................on the table .. say nowt more :quiet:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
look for creaking suspension, a common fault mines been in twice for it. Pain in the @@@@.

Best was to test is find a potholed road (surely easy to find) and do a few 3 point turns full lock to lock and also drive round on full lock in both directions.

Id take it for a 40min test drive, let oil warm up for first 15 then do some lighthearted acceleration and make sure theres no flat spots in the pick up. You should see a change in engine characteristic at 5k, nice green light shifter in the corner when you should be changing gear.

All guid.

How many owners it got?

Got a link for it?

im now the owner of the clio got it for £5500, it looks like its just the exhaust bracket rather then the exhaust
Looking forward to picking it up on monday :)
thanks again

ST
jimmy_nugget said:
im now the owner of the clio got it for £5500, it looks like its just the exhaust bracket rather then the exhaust
Looking forward to picking it up on monday :)
thanks again

Its gonna be a long 36 hours or so til monday mate!

Nice one!!