ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie/long time trying-outer

BMW 535d
SO for many years I have attacked my car/s once every year with a clay bar and some wax/polish.

Ive never really been into it on a massive scale, only one time when I really went mad with my old 16v. I spent around 2 days on her...

DSC00306.jpg

CopyofDSC00304.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Wash with fairy liquid, dry, meguires clay bar, re wash with meguires gold class, dry, meguire step 1, 2 and 3 paint cleaner, polish and wax and then finished with the autoglym 'wax in the red and white pot' (cant remember the name)

Amazing finish I admit

Cutting a long story short I have only ever been a buyer of halfords available products. I am typically very busy and dont get time to do a massive amount of reading up on all the prodcuts available.

SO recently I picked up an 06 bmw 535d which I would love to get up to scratch. Admittedly I did fly down to halfords on Saturday morning and spent a good 2-3 hours yesterday washing, drying and the clay barring the car and finishing off quite simply with super resin polish.

I do love the 'finish' but in the light the car is a swirl haven. Being 6 years old and having 2 owners before me I can only imagine that they have dont the typical fairy liquid treatment.

I did begin to attack one panel with the meguires 3-step paint cleaner, polish and wax however it didnt do anything for me that made me think 'o wow'

SO heres teh question really. I want to removethe swirls and get the paint looking awesome again. It isnt bad however I am slightly fussy with the swirls. So what would I start with? As you can see i do have experience, however limited. Would I be wise to try some more up market products ad buy a machine polisher or just ask one of you lovely people to come and give my car a good clean for a days wonga?? haha

BMW 535d
Silly Daniel, everyone knows it is criminal to wash a well looked after paint with fairy liquid unless you actually want to get your bare paint finish!

BMW 535d
Thats because I used a brillo pad!

I saw you in Ongar yesterday, I have to say it was very odd seeing the FASTA out for a change!

BMW 535d
I decided not to considering the reaction would be 'who was that wierdo in the BMW'

How long had it been since you drove it??

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I was off work the other week so probably then, I'm going to look out for weirdo's in beamers now!