ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, Just Waiting To Collect

Mondeo
Hi all,

Just a quickie to say. I have agreed to buy a met black Clio Sport 172 from a mate I work with. Its absolutely immaculate and well cared for. He has passed the IAM Advanced Drivers and runs it as his pride and joy. Its being sold because he is getting a Corsa VXR.

I myself come from Land Rovers, having setup and ran my own off-road club after abusing Freelanders since 1998 - don't laugh, they're far better off-road than anyone gives them credit for. I fit a lift, chip it and chuck on some really oversized Mud Terrain tyres.

Anyway, decided I've had enough and wanted something fun for the weekend and the odd time I didn't cycle to work, so havigntest drove Focus', Astra SRi's, Fiesta Zetec-S/ST, etc. I settled for the Clio. I don't collect until the end of Jan/beginning of Feb, but am already hooked on it and can't wait to get blasting over Via Gellia, the Cat and Fiddle, etc.

I am not particuarly into modifying (well other than Land Rovers), I like to get a good car and keep it concourse, so the Clio will be left alone/un-molested, havign said that it has a replacement stainless exhaust, though its not twin pipe or over-bored, just a sensible replacement for the original, nice and quiet, but with a deep chested low frequency noise enough to say 'I can be nippy' ;-)

Had lots of Peugeot 307 HDis (company cars, 1500miles a week) Astra turbo, Focus, etc. but nothing seemed to have the character and soul of my Clio, not been this excited since I got my first Freelander in 1998 when they were completely new!

Hope to join in and have a good time,
Cheers H

Hyundai i40
hello and welcome

the 172 is an excellent car and never had so much fun driving to work!! lol

happy posting

Mondeo
How do I get to see the areas marked 'Private' such as track days, etc.? Do I have to post a certain quantity or be invited or something?

Thanks,
Harvey