ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie iPad question

Hi all,
Tomorrow morning I will be buying an iPad 3 and was thinking would I need more than the 16GB model?

All I'd be needing it for would be browsing net and was thinking how much memory do ppl use just with the apps?

Many thanks

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have a 16GB just now but I'd go for 32GB next time. I find myself having to be 'economical' with apps, movies, podcasts etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 16GB just now but I'd go for 32GB next time. I find myself having to be 'economical' with apps, movies, podcasts etc.

This, I had a 16GB 2 and needing a little more space was a great excuse to upgrade to a 32GB 3 when they came out.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I just got the 16gb as i know il never fill it as i only use it fo browsing and watching movies on lovefilm when i travel tbh....

Ph1 172 (titanium)
^^^^ if your streaming movies, great.
If you downloading you will soon fill 16gb.
I don't have iPad, but have a 32gb iPhone 4s and I could really do with the 64gb. I do have a hell of alot of music.
For the extra £100 I would go 32gb.
Less worries on how much space you have then

Yaris Hybrid
I went for the 16GB.

You need to be 100% realistic about what YOU will use it for.

Don't pay the rip off prices for the extra memory on the basis of "I might need it in the future" because by that time the iPad 3 will be a dinosaur and you would have replaced it with something better.

Sounds like you will be using it for the same purpose as mine and you will be able to fit shed loads of regular apps on it if its just the usual crap like Facebook, Twitter and the Sky app etc.

133/225/CLS AMG
Totally depends on what you want to be doing with it.

If you're just surfing the web, downloading a few apps etc then 16gb is fine. My Mrs has a 16gb and it's more than enough for her.

I opted for a 64gb model because I want to keep movies on it and music which obviously use a lot of space. For me personally I wouldn't go less than 32gb.

Clio 182
I'd go 32Gb, worth keeping an eye on the apple refurb store as you get approx 8% off so only works out an extra £40 for the extra memory. All refurbs come with a new back, prestine screen and a 1 year apple warranty too :)