ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie In Southampton

172 Cup
Hey,

Im Rob Brodie from Southampton.
Just got my first car/clio.
Only a 1.2 8v due to £3200 worth of insurance but I'm really wanting to 'get into' clios.
Ive been quite heavily involved in gurston down hillclimb for the last 8 years or so.
Anyone with any information or advice on my car or anything to look out for wont go unmissed!

Just wondering if anyone is near me and fancied meeting up for a chat sometime soon?

Cheers!
Rob

Stripped yozza'd cup
Welcome mate! That's some seriously steep insurance.... Was that the cheapest you could find?!
There's a few folks from nearby you on here, I'm sure they'll be along soon.

My advice on your car would be body colouring :) makes a massive difference.

Gets some pics of your car up chap.

Clio 200 cup
Hello mate, I'm from Southampton :) so is my brother (toomer89). There's quite a few people in the area on here, my non sport phase2 was lowered on coilovers, colour coded with lenso bsx wheels, looked the nuts! I still have wheels and coilovers if your interested. keep your eyes out for meets in the south central bit we had a meet yesterday and went to goodwood for pics, was a laugh. :)

big boost cup
so am i with the way work is going which ruining plans with the car. well we will have to see when rob is free

Hello mate, I'm from Southampton :) so is my brother (toomer89). There's quite a few people in the area on here, my non sport phase2 was lowered on coilovers, colour coded with lenso bsx wheels, looked the nuts! I still have wheels and coilovers if your interested. keep your eyes out for meets in the south central bit we had a meet yesterday and went to goodwood for pics, was a laugh. :)

got picture of the wheels??

big boost cup
Leaking oil from the gearbox mate :(

It still drives fine, so I am hopping it's a easy fix :)

What's wrong with yours Tom?

the rear wheel bearing went but got it fixed in the garage i dont like because k tec are to far to drive with that. well im free so pick a day and i will turn up

big boost cup
might be a long shot but is it leaking from the plug thing mine was and the seal had died on it or is yours worse

Clio 200 cup
I'll have a think mate and get back to you tomorrow, trouble is Tim will leave us in his stage 2 meg. Lol