ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from South Derbyshire.

Buying a 197
Hello folks.

I'm Dan live in a village called Church Gresley in South Derbyshire.

I am a big believer in car clubs/ forums they are a great source of information and depending on what car I own or am looking to buy I always try to join a club to gather as much information as I can.

I currently own a '59 Ford Focus ST which I am trying to sell:
_DS32922.jpg

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control it needs to go and some of the cash needs to be invested in some house renovations because we have a baby on the way in March.

The family bus is sorted aka the Missus' car :p so I am just looking for something for myself which will be a Clio 197. A few years ago a friend of mine had a 197 while I owned a modified Impreza:
IMG_0043.jpg

I was always a big fan of his Clio but they were never really big enough for my needs which is why I never considered one. Now I don't need a big car, they fit smartly into my budget and I need to have something fun (I did try a diesel once......:dapprove:) I am on the look out but as is always the case good cars seem to be cropping up in my area but because my Focus is still here I don't have the available funds.

Hopefully it wont be too long till I am in a 197 and joining in on some events, baby permitting of course.......

All the best
Dan