ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Brum!

Clio182
Hi guys, Have just purchased a 182 (pick it up monday) and was just wondering what they like, i.e fuel consumption etc. Also what mods are cheap that improve the car.

Would be grateful for any advice!

Cheers
Deano.

WRX
Hi Dean, they're already in a pretty high state of tune so further decent mods are pretty big bucks I'm afraid. Do a few searches and you'll find the answers on here. It's a great site, BTM is our local tuner in Brum. Best mods are basically tyres, brakes and suspension if on a reasonable budget.
Adam

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As per above really.

There is a meet in Star City tomorrow at 2pm if you want to pop along and see a few of the West Mids area people. :)

Nimbus R27
Welcome Deano, Im pretty new aswell. Just bought a 197 R27 F1 Edition about 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours soon :)

Ash

Clio182
Im at work till 5.30pm donny but evenings and weekends just let me know :)
Cheers Ash, love the car mate! An yeah as soon as i get it tomorrow il upload some pics!

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated!
Deano!

Clio182
This was the car when it was on the forecourt of the dealer i brought if from..

Havent touched it as yet as the weather is awful..

will upload new pics as and when :)

Deano

Attachments

• renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983782-640x480.jpg
    renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983782-640x480.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34
  • renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983751-640x480.jpg
    renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983751-640x480.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 31
  • renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983721-640x480.jpg
    renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983721-640x480.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
  • renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983789-640x480.jpg
    renault-clio-hatchback-2-0-16v-renaultsport-182-3dr-1915983789-640x480.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 30

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm guessing 1.2 sport isn't invited to this meet . No one seems to be interested in Clio's in general in Telford "/

1.2s are welcome to the meets.

I'm based in Telford, but can't have EVERY meet on my doorstep as it wouldn't be fair to members in the West Midlands.

I have to mix them up between quite a large area covering Stafford, Wolves, Brum and the Black Country.

Next one is in Himley Hall in Dudley, so only 25 mins down the rabbit run.

Back on topic Wilko87, very nice motor...one of the best colours for the 182! :)

Clio182
Thanks Don.. Yeah the colour had a major part to play in me deciding to go for it...
Ive just got your message regarding the meet an will be there work depending..

Deano

WRX
Your reputation preceeds you lol. Didn't get the squeaky one in the end Fred and you didn't need to ring me back. It's had a service recently but it needs your magic worked on brakes and springs soon. Anyway thread hijack over.

Lionel Richie
me calling people back? I'm a bit crap at that! Now we have another mechanic i might actually be able to!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hmmmm was ment to call me back yesterday about engine mount GSF part number.......:rasp:

Its ok mate i know you was up to your eye balls in a cam belt job and it didnt help it being -6..:(

Got the engine mount and rear exhaust mount, just need this bloody snow to clear so i can fit them....:race:

WRX
No you'd left me an obscure answerphone message, unsure if it was me you needed to call back. Anyway proves the doubters that you do phone back.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
welcome to the site dude

i went and had a look at this car two weeks ago but was put off by the outside condition so never did enquire bout its history and stuff, did you check that the belts have been done?

I'm sure its the one that was once at Z-line cars in small heath and was moved to sellyoak if it is then the belts were done at a MOT/service centre so i would be getting it down to Freds@BTM for a check up!

Clio182
Yeah mate apparently the belts were done at 69,000, how true not so sure so will get it looked at, cheers!

Deano

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm sure i seen you last night at tesco , I got a little red 1.2 sport with black team dynamic alloys ? Am I right ?

Last night? You mean after the shops had shut?

I was by Sainsburys yesterday afternoon...but nowhere near Wrekin retail Tesco or Madeley (was technically near the Homeplus by Sainsburys) ;)