ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Bolton

A slow blue one.
Hey everybody.

Just joined this after being recommended it by someone on a big detailing site (I'm sure some of you know where I mean ;))
Only got a little 1.2 16v at the moment but hoping to get something a little more lively in the years to come after my insurance has dropped a bit!

A slow blue one.
I do a little bit. Was planning on getting rid of the clio but after the insurance I'm keeping it for longer, got the intention of doing every panel on a panel-by-panel basis to get it to the standard I'm happy with because at the moment it could do with a bit of work imo.

I'll put a couple links to it up but to be honest this was when it was first done, could do with finding the time to get the protection back up to scratch..

0003.png

0004.png

Last one is a cheeky shot of the engine bay when it was first done, this was a few months ago so it doesn't look quite so clean anymore...

0015.png

Focus ST-2
Bolton's a hard place to get fast cars insured, even up in Horwich and we're one of the lower category area's! I'm 23 and can just about insure a Focus ST.

A slow blue one.
You're telling me. Okay I'm only 20, but it's an '03 reg and I've had no claims at all and it's still just under £1000.
I live in Astley Bridge, and if you read the Bolton News you'll have heard about the spate of arson attacks on cars in that area. Some little scrotes are costing me dearly, considering going vigilante on them :mad:

Focus ST-2
Seriously mate go for it! I'll come join you on that one, as I swapped my 182 for the Focus I was paying not a lot more than that, however think I'm going back to a Clio soon-ish.

A slow blue one.
I'll keep my ear to the ground, if I hear anything I'll give you a shout buddy :evil:
I absolutely adore my little clio! Got a few little plans for it but I've got no intention of making it look like a car owned by a member of the tesco car-park crew, want to be able to sell it on when I've finished for it. I've got a mate who bought a Mondeo Turbo recently, he's paying £2000 insurance on that but he's really into tuning so he's with a broker which allows him to mod a car to a set BHP without having to alert them about what changes he's making.

Suzuki Ignis
Car looks like a tidy one. If you need a practice panel give me a shout ;)

Im up in Bromley Cross, Ill keep an eye out for you, Im in a black Suzuki Ignis though.

A slow blue one.
I might just take you up on that buddy, the panel wouldn't happen to be already attached to a black Suzuki would it? lol

Suzuki Ignis
I might just take you up on that buddy, the panel wouldn't happen to be already attached to a black Suzuki would it? lol

Maaaaaaybe lol Can you do corrections? Its not to bad, a little bit swirly in the sun light and a richer black could probably be brought out. Your welcome to have a go if think you have the skills not to make it any worse haha.

Focus ST-2
I'll keep an eye out for you anyway mate! Might use your services if you're any good at detailing if this Focus is going, someone went mad with a buffer on it before I got it!

A slow blue one.
Maaaaaaybe lol Can you do corrections? Its not to bad, a little bit swirly in the sun light and a richer black could probably be brought out. Your welcome to have a go if think you have the skills not to make it any worse haha.

If you're after a correction you'd be best inquiring with a professional detailer, I only really do it as a hobby and don't think my skills are quite up to a standard where I'd be comfortable on working on other peoples cars. I'd happily give you advice on products though, got really into it over the past few months! Might also have some products of mine to sell because I'm changing brands soon but they'd of course be going in the 'Other' For Sale section as per forum rules :)