ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie - 172 Phase1 - Chichester

172 Cup
Hi all
Just bought my 172 phase 1 - not for daily drive but weekend / trackday toy
Amazed by the power and agility - i used to love fast diesels and the tourque band - petrol power now!!
Based nr chichester west sussex so if anyones local let me know - would love to chat mods
Some pics of the car
KGrHqVHJEoFERY7qmcIBRJ3sBkpg_12.jpgKGrHqFHJFIFEeUhTEqBRJ3sBjNk_12.jpg

Found it had a broken coil spring so not sure whether to get Ktech coilovers for 330 or eibach spings for 170
Ive had a look at the guides and might try fitting myself - cracking guides by the way!
Thanks
Tom

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the quick replies
Il go for the eibach pro springs then
Thanks
Tom

If you want it that little bit lower without comprimising the handling, then eibach sportlines or cooksports new springs are both as good. prolines will keep the height you have now pretty much. :)

Hi welcome to Phase1 ownership. Look out for local meets there are three of us with phase 1s with a variety of mods. I may have a set of newish Eibachs for sale soon as I will be changing to coilovers in the next month or so.

172 Cup
Thanks for all your advice - il keep an eye on the parts for sale page and for local meets
Yeah was really lucky to get it so cheap - needs a few bits but nothing major - massive service history, every receipt etc.
Trackday time! :)
Thanks
Tom