ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbe HELP

Ibiza Cupra
Hi, iam just wondering if any of you people can help me out, i ve just put my beloved Punto GT2 up for sale and thinking of getting a Clio 172 series 2 (is that right). I have been looking at a few other cars, but i do like the 172 but dont know much about them, so can someone please tell me why i should get a Clio 172. :cool:

Mk4 .:R32
Your after a mk2 phase2? They are the dogs go-nads. Pick one up fairly cheap now as well. The phase 1 172 is nice as well, which is obviously even cheaper. With a few mods, it will look quality.

Whats your budget mate?

you will not regret it mate i have a mk2 172 from 2001 onwards and i love it to bits looks nice goes well etc etc you will get a mk1 for alot cheaper but its up to you there are alot of mint mk1 around with low mileage the mk2 seems to be everywhere!!! mine for example is a 51 plate with full service history just hit 60k and is worth around the 5k mark..you will not get anything quicker on the road for cheaper mate

Ibiza Cupra
Your after a mk2 phase2? They are the dogs go-nads. Pick one up fairly cheap now as well. The phase 1 172 is nice as well, which is obviously even cheaper. With a few mods, it will look quality.

Whats your budget mate?

well the main reason why i looked at a 172 is, i know someone who works for Renault and hes quite high up, so he said he ll sort me a 172 out for not a lot of pennys. My budget is not that big due to just setting up my own business.:cool:

If I was you I would go for a nice, low mileage mk1. They look just as good as the facelift model and are apparently a fraction of a second quicker (hense them being called ph-quick). Thats not a big deal though. You could get a nice low mileage one for about 4.5-5k. Sounds a lot but you can't have as much fun for less...

Ibiza Cupra
i think i prefer the MK2 phase 2 better, ive seen one on youtube with 220bhp so they say, is that sort of power possible ?:cool:

Yeah I prefer mine to the ph1. But they are still nice. That clio will have throttle bodies, which would cost you almost 4 grand haha. Sounds nice though and will go like poo off a shovel. You can get a turbo conversion as well but thats about 6k takes you to 250bhp I think...cheap stuff :S If you wanna tune it a bit, go for GDI cam package, it's expensive, but gets you about 200bhp

yes mate but a s**t load of money is involved i would get a standard one and get a bmc, full system decat inlet work and remap which should make the car fly

bmc 140
system 350
decat 100
inlet work 200
remap 300

welcome mate , you're gunna need more than that to get 220 ^^^^^^ clio are fun though , so enjoy :approve:

oh yeah defo mate i was just refering to what i will be doing and what seems to be the best mods to do to get the most out of the engine no point wasting 5-6k is there he he

Ibiza Cupra
thanks chaps !

i am a bit busy for spending 5k on a turbo that ill only blow up, the last three cars ive had have been turbos, i carnt remember how many ive gone through.

has anyone had any problems with the 172 ?:cool:

The question isn't why should you get one. Its why *shouldn't* you get one. You won't regret it... No one ever does (unless you put it in a ditch) ;)

Ibiza Cupra
whats the best wheel size to use ? Iam one off those people were if i have power i need to use it all. :cool:

16". I have 17s and the ride quality is poor. The bigger tyres will make a more comfortable ride and they still look good

182 Full Fatt!
Dale, I actually found it was a better car before modding it too much so make sure you do your home work

Ibiza Cupra
Dale, I actually found it was a better car before modding it too much so make sure you do your home work

yer, iam trying to find out as much info as poss before i get one, i do fancy a light blue one or is that colour a 182 ?:cool:

LY V6 with Recaros
If the light blue you mean is non-metallic (like in my profile pic) that's just on the 182s :)

Welcome to cliosport btw :D