ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newb from Notts

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Hey guys

I currently own a 206 Gti 180 and have had it for 2 and a half years, but im looking for something different now, so i figured it would be an Clio sport or an EK9 civic, and after a very brief stint on an EK9 forum i decided i dont want to be a civic driver, i also discovered EK9's arnt all they're cracked up to be, so im now definitely looking for a Clio. I want a 172 cup unless anyone can give me good reason not to or good reason to get a 182.

Cheers Guys

Rich

Various
Hi Bud, just down the road from me :)

Never owned the 182 but I quite like my 172 phase 2 as it ticks all the boxes :cool: cant wait to get it on the track :D

Got a few little niggles but touch wood not had any serious problems with the old girl ;)

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Hi Bud, just down the road from me :)

Never owned the 182 but I quite like my 172 phase 2 as it ticks all the boxes :cool: cant wait to get it on the track :D

Got a few little niggles but touch wood not had any serious problems with the old girl ;)

Hi, where abouts are you from?? i was looking at the phase 2 ones think they're really nice, what niggles have you had??

Various
Hi, where abouts are you from?? i was looking at the phase 2 ones think they're really nice, what niggles have you had??

Long Eaton, fella.

Speedo is intermitent drops in and out when it feels like it, this also affected the running with the car, feels like its on bad fuel etc when the speedo decides to throw a wobbly.

this is an easy fix about £25 for new sensor from main stealer, and easy to access, I have disconnected the sensor and run the car to confirm its at fault ;)

N/S CV gaiter comes adrift, and sprays the wheel in lovely grease :evil: think this is a fairly common problem, have re fitted a new clip and seems to of held for now :)

Aux tensioner setup is slightly noisy when cold and needs replacement very soon (idler is nosiy) as this can cause serious engine damage if it lets go :dead: wrapping itself round everything and meeting the cambelt along its way.

if you go for a cup and not full fat version you will have the better aux belt setup ;) no messing about and having to spend two hours to replace it :mad:

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
welcome mate, Im in Kirkby, some sound knowledge here. unfortunatly, some right muppets aswell. :)

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Haha, think every forum has its muppets lol.
Nick they sound like little things really, i just wanted to make sure there wernt any major problems with them. Is there anything i should look out for when buying a 172 cup?

Various
Agree bud, nothing major and as I said just little niggles.

As with any car bud do the usual checks and you should be ok ;)

Cambelt is 5 years or 72K something to barter on price if its due etc.

although most 172's should of had a cambelt by now just by age alone. thats if the previous owner is clued up etc.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Welcome mate! Another local one :)

Quite a few of us go to the peacock pub in oakerthorpe on thursdays so if you wanna have a poke about at some clio's pop along!

DB.

BMW 440i
My mate has a 180.

(Jamie on 206info).

The interiors are ALOT nicer in the 206s, but that's the only thing better imo. Much better MPG in the Clio's too!

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
My mate has a 180.

(Jamie on 206info).

The interiors are ALOT nicer in the 206s, but that's the only thing better imo. Much better MPG in the Clio's too!

Hi dave i've spoke to you on info before (Big_Rich180).
You mentioned to me you where on here i while ago so i thought id check it out.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I didnt realise how many locals there was on here tbh!

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
So do you do any regular regional meets? Or do they only come along every few months.
Quite impressed that a Newbie thread has gone to 22 posts.

None
So do you do any regular regional meets? Or do they only come along every few months.
Quite impressed that a Newbie thread has gone to 22 posts.

Yeah mate there are loads of regional meets but it does depend on where you live as to the quality of those meets, the ones in manchester seem to be huge no matter what and our yorkshire meets are generally good but other area meets can be dire so if you were willing to travel a bit then you'll find some good ones..........just head north up the M1 and you'll soon be in our neck of the woods ;)

check out this one, this one will be worth the trip up for :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=516324

182 Trophy
Wehey another from worksop, i'll take you for a spin in the cup if i see you out and about mate.
Welcome to cs

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Notts meet sounds good, need to sort something out whilst its nice still!

Notts meet would be good :)
I'm in Nottingham city and the only good reason not the get a 172 Cup is that my 182 is for sale lol.