ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newb from Fife scotland

172,MR2 GT-S
Hi ,

I'm Paul and live near Kirkcaldy in Fife Scotland, just got myself a wee Clio 172 in silver, its on a private reg but off top of my head its a 51 ?

Total newb as far as these go to be honest, had a few fast cars last 7/8 years ranging from a calibra turbo , nova turbo built from the calibra once it rusted itself away,then got an evo had that for acouple of years and then onto my mcrae series impreza which is off the road sitting in the drive at the moment till i decide whether to restore it or break it for bits.

Heres my wee car ,it needs a few bits here and there to tidy it up but to be honest I got it so cheap i couldnt care less as its awesome to drive :) cheeky pic of the impreza too

IMAG0294.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0292.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0292.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0291.jpg
[/IMG]
24072010phonepics025.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you guys like and look forward to meeting a few people who dont drive japanese cars haha

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Adam, I'll be at the next one lol.

New track toy being picked up on Saturday.

172,MR2 GT-S
Welcome mate.

My pal has a McRae Edition too, Gary Main.

Cheers Gaz,

Gonna put a cover over mine so I dont cry every day I see the back arches , living by the sea has destroyed it .

Its got a forged engine in it so worth keeping to find a good chassis for a track car and see if someone wants to save the shell as theyre very rare now.

172,MR2 GT-S
Does anybody know what wheels are on my clio ? They have team dynamics centres but as said i'm clueless if its not jap or vaux.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Cheers Gaz,

Gonna put a cover over mine so I dont cry every day I see the back arches , living by the sea has destroyed it .

Its got a forged engine in it so worth keeping to find a good chassis for a track car and see if someone wants to save the shell as theyre very rare now.
His is fucked with rust too, rear arches and boot lid especially.

What age are you?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Btw, not all of us drive Clio's anymore :p

Ive had 7 172's in 5 years right enough.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Welcome mate! I'm along the road in lochgelly. ( mines is the yellow one in the pics) did you buy this from a guy in cowdenbeath? Last time i seen it it had the standard wheels on it. Have a few pics of it somewhere too. If you're ever after bits gives a shout, I've got a shed load of spares ;)

172,MR2 GT-S
Welcome mate! I'm along the road in lochgelly. ( mines is the yellow one in the pics) did you buy this from a guy in cowdenbeath? Last time i seen it it had the standard wheels on it. Have a few pics of it somewhere too. If you're ever after bits gives a shout, I've got a shed load of spares ;)

Hi Stu , nice one on the parts :) and a cracking wee car you have too

I got it from a guy who traded it in against a van, got it for a song so will be looking over it all at weekend and will be in touch .

I come up your way a lot to go to shimla palace in cowdenbeath .................love it :).

Hopefully see you about