ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEWB - Clio 182 both cup packs

AB 182 FF
Hey guys,

I've always wanted a Renaultsport Clio ever since the phase one 172, my mate had a 182 Trophy and that car was incredible, so having been put in the position recently where a) I can justify having a car at all and b) I have the money to pay for it, I decided to get either a Cup or a model with both cup packs, so I signed up here to get the low down/perv at others cars.

If anyone's looked recently it's getting hard to find a decent condition un-abused one with FSH and low mileage, I was looking for a while and it was hard work to find one but I'm now pleased to say I'm the proud new owner of a 2005 Clio 182.

It's Arctic Blue with both cup packs, coming up to 72k with a FSH and a new MOT in generally pretty good condition inside and out bought for the bargain price (I think) of £2000. It needs the dephaser doing and it's due a service. What do you reckon?

Since I've saved so much on the cost of the car, I want to do a few things to try and bring it up to top condition and make it stand out as a great original example of this future classic hot hatch...

First, I want to get the wheels refurbed (They're a bit curbed up but no worse than a lot I've seen when you get close up) OR buy newly refurbed ones/tourinis if i'm lucky enough to find them. Can anyone advise on how much you should be looking to pay per wheel or per set? Has anyone had their Anthracite alloys refurbed before and is there anything to look out for? Are most refrubers able to get the right paint to match the original colour? And can you get anything for your old curbed ones if you just replace them?

The exhaust is an aftermarket one, i think just the back section (i'm not sure which brand) and it's blowing a bit at 3-4k revs and knocking a little bit when the car shifts momentum. I'm going to have it checked out at the garage as the system looks fine from underneath so might just be some clamps/mounts.
However, if I were to replace the back boxes I'd either try to find a good condition second hand oem one (even though I know it won't last), or just go all out and replace the system with a full stainless one.

Bearing in mind I don't want a loud exhaust that attracts attention, I'm on the wrong side of 30 and running a small business so not trying to look like a boy racer and don't have money to burn, is there a performance system anyone recommends thats not too loud (doesn't have to be oem quiet) and not too expensive? I've heard the horror stories of how much renault charge for the whole oem system and how long they last.

Any feedback, answers, comments appreciated. I'll post pics when I've had her cleaned and the wheels done.

Cheers
Carl

AB 182 FF
Thanks Brian :) What's the best way to get some advice on here re the things I need to get done to my car? Sorry, I'm new to the whole forum thing. Cheers, Carl

Nice car by the way, looks great in liquid yellow! I'm loving the 182 so far :D (even though it needs some tlc)

Welcome Karl.

Choose which section your question applies to and create a thread (as you did in this welcome section) in there. The forum is like a goldmine of knowledge so I doubt that you'll be stuck for very long :)