ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newb and his 172 Cup!

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Hi all - I finally have a 172 Cup!! I nearly bought one new in 2002, then bought a modified Cosworth Sierra, then nearly bought an import 182 with Cup kit in 2004, but then bought a modified Elise.....
Now finally, after a 2 kids in 2 years and getting bored of the bottomless money pits that are modded Cossies and Elises, I've bought the sensible option :)
Anyway - it's a Dec 03 53, with manufacturers warranty til Mar 07, 21K miles, garaged from new, FSH, immaculate and no evidence it's ever been trackdayed (that'll soon change)!!!
Best part is the price - paid £6800 for it!!!! Well under book, but seller was quite desperate and reduced it from £7600 to £7K over 4 weeks......
Looks like maybe the 197 is hitting 172 prices, but hey, this handles better and is 25% lighter :rasp:
Anyway - look forward to seeing some of you out on Easytrack trackdays!!

Here are some pics.

Peter.

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0110.gif

DSCF0117.gif

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one - enjoy it :)

Only Easytrack days? You should get yourself along to some of the Renaulsport days - heavily subsidised, limited numbers, open pitlane, and pretty cheap too.

There's 30+ of us at Brands on Monday.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Early days yet for mods - still in warranty so nothing until that's up at end of March 07!
I'll have a look at the Renault Sport track days - subsidised and open pit lane sounds great :D

welcome m8.............ht53 was a preferable range , mine ht53 and i know another ...hehe
very nice and enjoy .:cool:

Leon Cupra 300
that looks mint mate and welcome to cliosport.

i think nearly all 53 plate cups ive seen are HT53 is there any reason for this

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nice motor...Welcome to the club

Mine's an MJ 53 (so not HT53 :rasp:) ;)

Which part of the 'world' are you in?

Donny

Leon Cupra 300
donnyo said:
Nice motor...Welcome to the club

Mine's an MJ 53 (so not HT53 :rasp:) ;)

Which part of the 'world' are you in?

Donny

wheres yours then, mines from rochdale and is a MD

Clio 200 Raider
philmots said:
that looks mint mate and welcome to cliosport.

i think nearly all 53 plate cups ive seen are HT53 is there any reason for this

mines "FE" think its fropm notts area?

172 2002
Hi there

under 7K??? gosh that's great the dealer I went to found one for 7995 (partX my 4x4 for 9K) on an 03 plate with 14K on the clock

is the ad still on somewhere.. just thinking that I might bribe dealer for a better deal with some proof! much appreciated mate!

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
FroggyGwen - to be honest - I don't think that is too bad a price for an 03 with 14K miles from a dealer..... not on net anymore I'm afraid. Mine was private sale!
Thanks all for the nice comments. Light was fading at the time - have to get some better ones!!

172 2002
3doorpete said:
FroggyGwen - to be honest - I don't think that is too bad a price for an 03 with 14K miles from a dealer..... not on net anymore I'm afraid. Mine was private sale!
Thanks all for the nice comments. Light was fading at the time - have to get some better ones!!

yeah assumed it might be... just a bit greedy u see... I love a bargain but I will ask them for a full tank + mats... a friend even suggested mudflaps...does anyone still use them?
cheers anyway and well done for your bargain :approve:

froggygwen said:
yeah assumed it might be... just a bit greedy u see... I love a bargain but I will ask them for a full tank + mats... a friend even suggested mudflaps...does anyone still use them?
cheers anyway and well done for your bargain :approve:
You cannot get mud flaps for the 172/182. Normal ones can be modified if you want though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
philmots said:
wheres yours then, mines from rochdale and is a MD

Got her from Stockport when I was living there, but have moved to Telford, Shropshire since then. but M* covers Manchester over to Liverpool!

Just gotta get my private plate done and on the car...

Donny

172 2002
edde said:
You cannot get mud flaps for the 172/182. Normal ones can be modified if you want though.

don't like mudflaps had them on C2 GT what a flippin' stupid thing plus it wouldn't look gud... :rolleyes: