ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Years Eve....

2008 VW Golf R32
It Finally happened guys, what you guys predicted, i would have an accident, dont see it much us my fault but heres the story....following an old man out of a give way on new years eve, he decided to hit the brakes hard....the round about was in an area where housing development is going on, so there was alot of dirt dust....coming out of the round about, at less than 5km/h the guy hits his brakes my car skids in the dirt/sand and i hit the back of him....quite sad, and im really depressed about it...here are two pics...

Photo175.jpg

and

Photo174.jpg

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
And I don't understand were you on a roundabout or at a junction? You say give way, then say roundabout; it doesn't make sense.

At the end of the day its your fault so I doubt there will be much you can do but learn from your experience.

Shhh
Obviously a replacement bonnet would be required. Notice the there seems to be no damage to the headlamp. You could pop the bumper off the car, its easy to do.

Simply undo the 2 10mm headed bolts underneath the car on the metal tray thing, then open the bonnet and undo the 2 fastners on the slam panel. Then on each wheel arch there is a bolt. Its on the forward face of it, you can pull the wheel liner away with the car on the road, its slightly awkward but can be done. Undo the 10mm bolt and thats it undone.. 6 bolts, 2 on the slap panel as in plastic catches, 2 in the wheel arches, 2 underneath.

Simply get each end of the bumper on the wheel arch, and pull it outwards..ie.. looking at the front of the car..pull it sideways, it will click out of place and then the bumper will drop. This keeps the bumper located. I thin you may have snapped the mount on yours. As the bumper is now loose, you need to ease it away in one piece from the sides, the top and the bottom. Once its nearly free, reach down and disconnect the fog lights, and the washers if fitted.

Then you can look at the car and see what is behind it, and what is damaged. The bumber may need replacing, or repaired if you can.

If you can get the parts painted, and are happy that no more damage is done its very simple to do...

2008 VW Golf R32
And I don't understand were you on a roundabout or at a junction? You say give way, then say roundabout; it doesn't make sense.

At the end of the day its your fault so I doubt there will be much you can do but learn from your experience.

Agreed its my fault, havent said it isnt, i was at a give way, following the guy infront into a round about...if that makes more sense? He then hit the brakes hard, my car skidded and i ended up in the back of his car :(

2008 VW Golf R32
As you can see on the pic aswell, the reflection of my dads super market...Ramsons....

And your point is exactly?

I hope this doesnt turn out to be another "Lets throw bad comments" thread, but when i first posted my first thread..."Got my Clio Sport and im Seventeen" alot of people did quote bad, and did not beleive my dad had a super market or whatever...but there it is

182 FF
Bad luck,
but does kind of emphasise the point of young, inexperianced drivers and fast cars.:dapprove:

We all learn by our mistakes, no matter how expensive, although if you did hit this guy up the arse it tells me that you was too close in the first place, cause the 172 has excellent ABS brakes.

Its not a bad repair, just pull the bumper and spray it, perhaps get a carbon fiber bonnet

Clio 172 mk2
Gutted....not too bad though.

Recommend a change in wheels when you get a chance as well....they look a bit bent as well.

1.6 focus zetec....
Just ignore the negative comment mate 'cos most the people on here havent had a crash in their lives by the sounds of it!!

Hope you get it sorted and you cant really see the pics of your dads shop so get some other pics up???

Kiza

2008 VW Golf R32
Joe...i dont think this emphasises young inexperienced drivers etc because its not like i was speeding and i flipped the car etc, it just happened, and i dont know how :( My clio sport to me is like my baby and wouldnt do anything to harm it and i guess you guys sorta feel the same about your cars but oh well its happened...estimate around £1,085 for a New Bonnet, New Front Bumper, New Grill, New Front/Left Wing and Labour...including paint :)

182 FF
^^^perhaps, and in fairness most of us have been In a similar situation at some time.
Will the bumper not repair?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Surely that bumper just needs to be rubbed down and resprayed?

At least you have the cash to fix it... most peoples first cars aren't even worth what its gonna take to repair yours.