ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New year discs/pads and shocks..

Failed MOT yesterday need rear brake pads and discs.. Shocks also need replacing..

Any recommendations? I'm willing to spend a few quid.. was thinking about buying some coilovers?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard discs and pads.

If it was me I'd have standard shocks too, but I hate rock hard suspension.

Discs and pads from George. I think his company is called Road Race & Track or something now.

I'd go with standard brembo HC discs on the front and the pads of your choice depending on how you use the car. DS2500 for fast road. RC6 for primarily track would be my suggestion.

Rears I'd just stick with completely standard parts, from George again.

Shocks. Depends how you use the car and how you want it. If it's a road car or a daily I'd get new Renault shocks and Cooksport springs. If you do a tiny bit of track work too then probably Bilstein coilovers. If it's a more focused track car and you like motorsport parts, get some ASTs. (I have them and they are epic)

Bilsteins get good reviews for road and occasional track days, or maybe fresh OE dampers and Cooksports. Rear pads just get any as they don't do anything on the 1*2 anyway, I just use Bosch from ECP at £15 with discount, discs I use OE Renault on the rear, MTEC or Brembo HC on the front

Should be more clear only the rear shocks are done but was considering coilovers but seems standard is the way to go so I'll only need the rears.

Thanks for all the help guys