ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

For sure, especially considering that even a 2013 big hitter like Metro Last Light weighs in at 8GB. Obviously games will continue to grow in size, but I think 50GB is a ways off yet!

Fiesta ST
Xbox one games where indeed running on PCs not dev kits:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xb...ng-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

_1371234169.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
Where is this '50GB' game stuff coming from? I very much doubt any of the games will be that big.

8-10 would be pretty normal for an A-list title these days?
aren't games 720p at the moment though, give it a year and games will be ramping up in size with 1080p video etc.

the reason theya re small at the moment is because the xbox was holding them back mainly as it only had DVD, now we have a faster bluray games will balloon.

aren't games 720p at the moment though, give it a year and games will be ramping up in size with 1080p video etc.

the reason theya re small at the moment is because the xbox was holding them back mainly as it only had DVD, now we have a faster bluray games will balloon.

No. Current PC games are not really maxing 10GB.

Fiesta ST
Nothing new there mate, they did it for ps3 launch titles too.

Yeah but if the games are running on Nividia 700 series and thus higher spec PCs then the games must be downgraded somewhat to run on the lesser spec console so in fairness not a true representation of the final games.

i believe most PS4 games where run on dev kits.

Evo 5 RS
Yep, pretty normal for games to be over 10gb these days. Exceeding a bluray would take some doing though.

Longy, agree entirely. It's just something we are used to seeing these days. Although the specs are no where near an equal representation. May as well have used my rig.

It also clearly goes some towards the arguement that developers grow lazy with the current generation.

Yaris Hybrid
Wasn't Max Payne 3 something stupid like 50GB?

I have just downloaded Uncharted 3 and I don't think that was too far off that? Not sure why it is that big.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've not finished it, finished number 2, but never got around to doing 3.

will probably pick it back up again after last of us, but it does use cut scenes everywhere, i think they also use them to mask loading in the background too.

I have to admit, I wasn't really aware that some PC games are as big as you guys are saying. Although, with the exception of Skyrim, I mainly play regular shooters. Not really an RPG person. Again, with the exception of Skyrim.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I hear if you don't connect to the internet every 24 hours, the Xbox One gives you aids

You would think so the fuss people are making over it lol.

What if say I went a week without playing my xbox and then switched it on and logged straight into xbox live would there be any issues that my xbox was off for over 24 hours etc?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You would think so the fuss people are making over it lol.

What if say I went a week without playing my xbox and then switched it on and logged straight into xbox live would there be any issues that my xbox was off for over 24 hours etc?

Nope. It'll connect every 24 hours if it's got power and connection to the internet, even if you haven't turned it on. I'm sure even if you unplugged it for a week then played, you'd still be fine once it connected back to the internet.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That's good then, cheers. Last time I played 360 offline was when Far Cry 3 came out and I was still signed into XBL so it's not really an issue for me.

Only problem I have is I don't get a 1.5 internet speed so might struggle with that, will be moving out end of the year though to hopefully an area with much better internet speeds.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. Thought they might have reversed their decision after all the fuss.
Either that or is was a massive ploy all along.

Ouch, a few people 'stepping down' in the Microsoft HQ tomorrow then.

Haven't they stated that the whole cloud thing is integral to the system before? How does that work now?

I've stayed out of this thread as I can't be bothered trying to read through the petty arguments, but I have to say I'm surprised Microsoft have reversed their stance so early on.

​I'd be interested to see the pre-order figures for both consoles since E3. Not that it probably exists mind.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I see they've gone back on the trading games scenario too. Pleased with that one.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Nice move by MS. They'll get more pre-orders on the back of that.

Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

This is f**king awesome. Will be able to get the US games I bought the PS3 for :D

Its a shame because I would have loved to have seen a tech demo of what was actually planned but if it shifts more consoles then its a good thing.

AK

M240i
Ouch, a few people 'stepping down' in the Microsoft HQ tomorrow then.

Haven't they stated that the whole cloud thing is integral to the system before? How does that work now?

​No different? It's just on about games you've got the disc for, isn't it?