ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wheels, Insurance Rip Off

Renault Clio 172
I have just phoned my insurance company to let them no i have put after market wheels on, and they want to add £200 to my policy, has anyone else found this

Renault Clio 172
they are 16inch, am really peeded off, didnt think it would put the price up so much, though performance modifcations would but not wheels, life a b*tch

Evo 6, E92 320d
i think its because any new wheels are probably going to increase the stealabilty value, so its a high risk modification

directline seem a bit funny they wont cover me for a remap or any mods till im 25 i only want a remap im not planing on slaming induction kits an drain pipes :dapprove: or any bodykits

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Tesco wanted £400 for an exhaust early last year. Had a friendly word with their supervisor and that suddenley changed to £20 :)

Lots of Alfas
When I had my 1.2 (although this was over a year ago now), elephant wanted extra £120 per year for lowering (not under 60mm) and alloy wheels.

Astra coupe
directline seem a bit funny they wont cover me for a remap or any mods till im 25 i only want a remap im not planing on slaming induction kits an drain pipes :dapprove: or any bodykits
It does state in the terms and conditions they don't insure mods unless your over 25.

Abarth 500 Essesse
churchill refused to insure me for alloys as i was under 21 was only on a 1.2 04 plate ibiza aswell

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
churchill refused to insure me for alloys as i was under 21 was only on a 1.2 04 plate ibiza aswell
Same. Well apart from the SEAT bit :rasp:
I just changed company. Lost 4 months of my no claims and chrged an extra month. Worth it i think.