ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheel, smoke!!

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Put on a new wheel n boss on the cup tonight, fitted horn, started car up and it started smoking! Also if ya pull the red wire the horn goes off?,.:S

disconnected horn now!

any ideas guys?

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Everything's good, new wheel on. I'm sure it's to do with horn but not sure what lol

Renault Clio 182
Had this with my 182- mine ended up on fire new stalks upper dash clock's the lot, this was due to the horn wires fusing together.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Carry on typing in capitals and I'l stop reply, my eyes hurt.

Cut the metal triangle off and it should work

I'm not 100% on this, but it worked for me.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Carry on typing in capitals and I'l stop reply, my eyes hurt.

Cut the metal triangle off and it should work

I'm not 100% on this, but it worked for me.

sorry lol, works computer, force of habit.

ill give it a go, cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
OK, but it's at your own risk.. the reason I suggest it is because that's what burnt out on mine when it smoked, it basically melted. So removing it should stop the smoke.

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Wouldn't say set fire! Lol. It was a little smoke!! Just would of thought with the hundreds of people on here there must be quite a few with aftermarket wheels that have come across the same problem and just say do this lol.