ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new v6?

LY 200
Wont be happening.

Why not?? I didnt think they planned the 255 or the Trophy!?

Anything's a possibilty if there's a market and money to be made and imo there is. Well the mk1 and mk2 V6's proved that.

RB 200 Cup!
theres been plenty of renderings on the net but i havent heard anything concrete- maybe in a few years they might

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
They did state that there would be no V6. Although never say never i suppose

Lee

BMW M2C
Wont be happening.

Why not?? I didnt think they planned the 255 or the Trophy!?

Anything's a possibilty if there's a market and money to be made and imo there is. Well the mk1 and mk2 V6's proved that.

There was neither of those for the V6 though. They were sold at a loss.

At present they have no plans for Clio V6. They have other cars in the works instead.

LY 200
^^^How could they have been sold at a loss though??

Wasnt the v6 a buffed up Clio shell, with two seat's, oz super t's and A laguna v6 engine in back!? :S

Surely they would've been able to gauge prior to making and selling them that it was'nt going to be worth while.

Lee

BMW M2C

Wasnt the v6 a buffed up Clio shell, with two seat's, oz super t's and A laguna v6 engine in back!? :S

Surely they would've been able to gauge prior to making and selling them that it was'nt going to be worth while.

It's a totally different car to the rest of the Clio range other than sharing a few panels and lights. Developing a car like that which sells in such low numbers is never going to turn a profit.

The Phase 1 was built by TWR. It was done more for the hell of it and to raise the profile of the brand.

The Veyron sold @ about £1 million and each one cost £5 million to build. Although it ain't like VW can't afford to lose abit here and there! :p

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Didn't the Veryon sell at a huge loss?

I thought that was built to prove something though??

Like the first million pound car or summit along those lines!?

It was built to be the first car that could reach 250mph. Was more of a research thing than something to turn a profit. Apparently you will start to see bits from it on future VW/Audi/Skoda/Seats etc.

Heres waiting for the new golf with a 1000bhp engine and 4 turbos then!

ph1 172... Sold:(
I thought that was built to prove something though??

Like the first million pound car or summit along those lines!?

It was built to be the first car that could reach 250mph. Was more of a research thing than something to turn a profit. Apparently you will start to see bits from it on future VW/Audi/Skoda/Seats etc.

Heres waiting for the new golf with a 1000bhp engine and 4 turbos then!

Knowing VAG I think it'll be the price tag that will get carried over...

Chelsea tractor
Technically everything is initially sold at a loss when first put on sale because of developement costs etc. It's only when they make a few more and a few sell that they start to recoup their costs ;)

Audi TT 225
Yes its called the Megan Trophy ;)
3.5 ltr, mid engine, cant remember if its rwd or awd... only a concept tho... hope they make it!

renaultm%C3%A9ganetrophy-6020-001-f.jpg

renaultm%C3%A9ganetrophy-6020-003-f.jpg

renaultm%C3%A9ganetrophy-6020-004-f.jpg

Audi TT 225
Its not even a car its a bunch of scafold poles welded together, some fibreglass and some alloys lol
But they still SHOULD make it for real!!!

The guy in charge of the company Carlos Ghosn doesn't believe in making a car that makes a loss even if it appears to do wonders for a manufacturers reputation. He was the same when he was at Nissan.

Nope no profile in them as Lee said it cost a fotune low run of cars and all handbuilt so production line as such.

Theres been rumour of a V6 type replacment for ages most likly would be under the alpine brand and a 350Z type car IMO.

Last edited:
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
probably wont happen, however if theres a gap in the market they may look at it?

im more for a twingo v6

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I was wanting to get the twingo but its totally changed from the one they revealled at the motor show,its horrible!

Yes its called the Megan Trophy ;)
3.5 ltr, mid engine, cant remember if its rwd or awd... only a concept tho... hope they make it!

renaultm%C3%A9ganetrophy-6020-004-f.jpg

Thats NO concept cars, its a space frame racing car with a fibreglass body to look like a megane, buts It's NO Megane really :(

Simon

personally i think that should only be seen on the track...

what a shown up driving that down the street...