ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new v6 review

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Well thats 2 positive reviews Ive read out of 2. Not bad!

VW Potato

autocar also said they could tell a great deal about the handling dynamics of the new Jag saloon...from the passenger seat. Thats about as accuarate as asking Stevie Wonder to draw what he thinks the Jag looks like, so I tend to take Autocar with a pinch of salt.

g

You lose me when you start getting clever

anyway it was auto express:

"But have the revisions managed to tame Renaults wayward child? You bet they have. Although the V6 remains a challenge to drive when the surface is wet or bumpy, it now behaves like a real sports car. There are still a few rough edges, but in terms of steering, handling balance and ride, it comes across as a machine designed with the enthusiast in mind. The soft front end has gone - replaced by a set-up that stubbornly resists roll and has enough precision to make twisty A-roads an absolute pleasure. For the first time it feels as though the front and rear suspensions belong to the same car.
But the chassis isnt the only area where Renaultsports engineers have worked their magic. The engine and drivetrain have been updated, with a new top end and revised gearing. By altering the cylinder head airflow and sorting the fuelling rate, the throttle is far more progressive than before and allows greater control at low engine speeds. The output is up, too, from 230 to a heady 255bhp.
Its the changes to the gearbox that have had the most impact on the Clios performance, however. Thanks to final drive being 10 per cent shorter and the use of closer-bunched ratios, acceleration is now breathtaking, with improved flexibility throughout the rev range. The noise, too, is amazing. With resonators in the intake boxes, and several other acoustic tuning devices in various parts of the engine, the V6 engine sounds as good as a Ferrari V12 or Porsche flat-six."

VW Potato

sorry, what i meant was.... i tend to doubt most of what autocar writes; however, Im not doubting that the Clio V6 does sound great.

g

would you believe the bloody singaporean renault agent is trying to sell the previous v6 at a scarcely believeable 240,000 singapore dollars!:eek: thats equivalent to about UKP91603!!!

then again, my bloody 1.4 16v expression cost me 69900 sing dollars ~ UKP26680!!! geez...this world isnt fair!:sick: