ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW V6 discuss

MKIII 138
read in autocar that a reno spokesperson has not ruled out a new V6 and hinted at the 350z for inspiration whatever that means.

could be the reason why its still on the reno website yet the 182 has gone now its been replaced as they are making a new V6.

anyways what would you like to see on a new V6 ???

my choices are..

Mad styling not just a silly arch extender but some really nice bulges
3.5 v6 from nissan
280bhp-300bhp
kerb weight kept under 1500kg (seen as old v6 was around 1450/80kg and based on the old MKII 1110 172, the new one will be based on the MKIII 1210kg platform + v6 + bodykits may tip the scales too much for good PWR to weight.
also like them to sort the handling out so its possible to drift and control the back end better.

any other suggestions ?

YOU HAVE GOT IT RIGHT AFTER THEM BRINGING OUT THE 197 CLIO THEY NEED TO GIVE US SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO SEEN AS THEY DID NOT MAKE THE 197 WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.AM WITH YOU MAKE 300bhp BIG BODYKIT & BIG WHEELS

Vee dub
Don't think there will be one

It had a nice farewell in Evo mag this month... :approve:

Clio v6
Author: Jeremy

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Maybe A New V6 (autoexpress)

Definitely no new V6 :(

Shame isn't it.

MKIII 138
Dash said:
Author: Jeremy

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Maybe A New V6 (autoexpress)

Definitely no new V6 :(

Shame isn't it.

OK, lets imagine there was going to be one then for the sake of disscusion on here and forget what people tell us as you never really know if someone will change their minds and bring out a meg v6 or clio v6 again..

so please continue

Mabey They Will Have To Now Because I Think They Will Be Let Down With The Reation Of The 197 Clio Dont Think They Will Sell To Many.no Chance I Would Trade My 182 No Danger.the Car Is Ugly And Slower.lets Just Pray They Change There Mind

mk1 172
CRAGS said:
YOU HAVE GOT IT RIGHT AFTER THEM BRINGING OUT THE 197 CLIO THEY NEED TO GIVE US SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO SEEN AS THEY DID NOT MAKE THE 197 WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.AM WITH YOU MAKE 300bhp BIG BODYKIT & BIG WHEELS

how can you say this.......the car isnt even out yet so you couldnt have driven one yet !!!

*edited

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio v6
300bhp+ NA

Adjustable suspension for road or track.

Perhaps a smaller steering wheel.

White.

Apart from the above I can't really think of anything.

DOES NOT TAKE A LOT OF BRAINS TO LOOK AT THE FIGURES & PICTURES OF THE CAR. *removed*.0-60 ON PAR WITH THE 182 BUT THEN MAKING IT 7mph SLOWER TOP END.*Removed* .THE 182 WOULD START TO PULL AWAY FROM IT AT AROUND 80mphish.THEN I WOULD BE LOOKING IN MY REARVIEW MIRROR SAYING TO MYSELF WHAT A TOOL EVEN TRYING.182 RULES

----------

Right lets cut the abuse, or ill just remove all of your posts.

Can you turn your Caps Lock off as well please?

Cheers

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
  E90
LOL I wouldn't bet on that till you've actually been against it. 182's are not the fastest cars on the planet you know.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i think people slagging off the new clio sport will be eating their words, it was said about the mk2 and look how many of those were sold. The new clio looks good, it WILL sell and be a success. Shut up.

Right lets cut the abuse, or ill just remove all of your posts.

Can you turn your Caps Lock off as well please?

Cheers

Jon

:approve:

OK JON, I'LL TURN THEM OFF:rasp:

Clio v6
Lets not go off topic eh? The new wee one is a totally different car to the v6 this thread is about.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sorry guys, just bored of people saying the new clio will be a flop. New V6 300BHP yep, some more of the original brave Renault styling (but in the right direction).

jon_r said:
Indeed.

And how is a 200+ brake Golf slow?
I never said slow i said scrap.I have took on a few Golfs and never lost yet.You can edit all you want but i would not consider any of this abusive.and nine times out of ten its down to driving.I would race your Golf anytime anywhere

MKIII 138
jon_r said:
Indeed.

And how is a 200+ brake Golf slow?

weight at a guess.

just thought seen as this hasnt carried on topic il make a comment. mate of mine had a race against me in a brand new 197 MKIII last week i was in the cup. all the talk of specs and lower speed didnt mean much, it had left me on the twisties after half a mile, grip is better, its less twitchy and handles b roads like its planted. unlike my cup which frankly in comparsion although a thrill ride and more involving is dangerous.

a MKIII will leave a 182 on a track and on the roads not due to speed but due to exellent grip, stability and setup its stable.

meggerman said:
weight at a guess.

just thought seen as this hasnt carried on topic il make a comment. mate of mine had a race against me in a brand new 197 MKIII last week i was in the cup. all the talk of specs and lower speed didnt mean much, it had left me on the twisties after half a mile, grip is better, its less twitchy and handles b roads like its planted. unlike my cup which frankly in comparsion although a thrill ride and more involving is dangerous.

a MKIII will leave a 182 on a track and on the roads not due to speed but due to exellent grip, stability and setup its stable.
197 CLIO Is not due out till the June were you dreaming that you raced him.You should know better being a rep or whatever you are

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
It'd be nice to see a new V6 although I'd wish this time that the turning circle won't be the same as the Titanics ;)
Who knows, they might even stick a turbo in the new one too :D

Andi

Megane 225 Cup
i think people slagging off the new clio sport will be eating their words,

I reckon so as well.. just cos its not faster doesnt mean its not better in other respects such as handling

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
I'm not holding my breath for a new V6. Creating a car like the Clio V6 costs a manufacturer lots of money ... and hence they can only justify doing so every once in a while. There's something like 15+ years between the Renault 5 Turbo and the Clio V6 for that very reason.

Sure Renault could do something cheaper involving a V6 and the new Clio ... maybe FWD ... but for it to be a "real" V6 the need to do it properly and that costs!