ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Ultra Red 197

Red 197
Hi all,

So ive been on here a while now. I joined when i bought my 1.2 campus sport a few years back.
I never really did much to that, and was not really into taking pics so i had nothing to share.

anyway, now ive got my 197 i thought i share some bits with you all, Some of you may have also seen it on 197.net, but i thought id shre it here too.
Hope you like it.

I Bought the car from a dealership a month ago chopping in my 06 1.2 16v campus sport. The new 197 is amazing, i cant prase it enough.

Anyway, This is the car when i went to look at her and the same day bought her.
first.gif

7.gif

5.gif

I had to wait a week for my plate to be transfered and also a scratch was taken out.

I had all ready bought exhaust tips and the steering wheel insert so as soon as i was home i fitted them.

DSC02110.gif

DSC02106.gif

When i first put the tips on, i must say i wasnt too happy as it seemed to have the wheel barrow effect ive seen people talk about, but some slight modification and some smaller hose clips and i think they look great, well sunk into the diffuser like they should be.

God some matts next. And also fitted a foot rest. when im driving on motorways i tend to have a lazy left foor and didnt want to make the carpet mucky.

DSC02109.gif

Then it was time to get rid of the nasty nasty looking fried eggs in the lights so i fitted sliver vision indicators front and back.

DSC02120.gif

DSC02121.gif

With the cup spoiler i found that the aerial rubs (well dont renault) so i found a nice stubby one, reception is fine unless im in outer mongolia.

DSC02117.gif

Saw a pic of Jase's interior lights so i thought id give them a go my self, also did some studio engineering for a new boot light, I hate not being able to see in my tools etc at night.

DSC02113.gif

boot.gif

(Master Yoda looks after my car while im away :p )

The front Grilles had faded and gone grey like most do si i thought instead of just bumper treatments every 5 mins id just paint them.

DSC02100-1.gif

DSC02102-1.gif

DSC02104-1.gif

I liked the "newness" of the grilles so much i bought a diffuser from a guy on here, thats all painted up and ready for fitting some point when uni lets me.

diffuser.gif

Also got some red vinyl and did my dash inserts, had some left over so thought id try the impossible task of doing the speaker surrounds, But tbh im really impressed with them.

DSC02111-1.gif

DSC02114-1.gif

Todays addition.

Gloss black diffuser fitted. I think it looks the nuts with the car being red.

I must say, its not nice when taking the clips away from the bumper, A knife wrapped in tape helped a lot.

The heat shield rivets are like rockin horse poop too!
So ive made do with some nuts and bolts until i can get hold of some tri fold rivets.

DSC02132.gif

DSC02123.gif

DSC02127.gif

Plans are.
Spacers
wheel colour change
200 diffuser (long way away)
gloss black mirrors

Comments and suggestions welcome please. :) Good and bad.

Ultra 197
Some very nice mods there mate. Like the way youve done the speaker surrond to. Ano i mate be hated for sayin this but lowering is a must for me am afraid bud.

Red 197
Oh i know, i think it needs a small drop of about 25-30mm but its a long story that i cant really go into about my insurance so im not allowed.

It will be happening in the future tho, Just dont know when.

Red 197
UPDATE 6/6/11

Havn't been able to do much over the last month or so due to uni exams but thought id share the little that i had.

First this was i got some eBay R27 decals, not to everyones taste i know but i like them. just really seeing how much i like them and if its worth buying genuine ones.

Then it was some new exhaust tips.

55fb51d7.gif

I also bought some R27 wheels instead of getting mine powder coated as it worked out at the same price to just buy these. (free wheels FTW...ish)
(and a eBay special jack seen as though the car didnt come with one)

fe73eb65.gif

DSC02266.gif

Then it was a small sticker for the dash strips.

DSC02271.gif

My spoiler tips were looking a little old so i had some cup racer ones that i pained the same colour code as the wheels.

24703873.gif

No pics of them on the car as they stayed on for about 5 mins and i didnt like them.

So got some hellfrauds bumper paint (really good to be honest) and did my OEM ones black.

DSC02260.gif

Some stickers from Woody came next.

DSC02261.gif

DSC02263.gif

Yoda seemed to have cloned him self just incase his plan to take over the world failed.

DSC02273.gif

Took a trip to the Citroen stealers for some DS3 washer jets. No pics of the spray but take my word for it, its 100x better and you will use much much less washer goo.

DSC02267.gif

DSC02268.gif

GOt some mirror caps and glossed blacked them, and broke my bloody glass when removing it, so a trip to renault saw me 50 quid lighter for some mirror glass and 2 weather strips.

DSC02276.gif

how it stood up to then:

608fe92b.gif

d092d2e1.gif

Knock on the door today with Mr DPD man bring some HEKO wind deflectors so they have just been put on.

DSC02265.gif

DSC02269.gif

Very pleased with them, They look good and make a huge difference to wind noise :)

I think thats it up until now.

Still need:
H&Rs (after insurance company change)
Spacers
Maybe a TCE splitter
Re-paint mirror caps black and fit
Miltek exhaust (after insurance change)
Remap (you guessed it, After insurance change)

Thoughts up until now?
I know the "R27" decals wont be to everyones taste but for now i like em.

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Looks amazing, only bit of creative input is that the RenaultSport sticker on the red trim inside ruins it, i have nicked the idea for my trim but gone yellow to match brake calipers!