ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres, good options, reasonable prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Astra (H) VXR
Just noticed I'm gonna need some new front tyres very soon, this month!!!

What's a good option? Just got standard 16" 172 wheels

Don't want to be paying stupid amounts of cash though.. I only use the car as a daily driver, no tracks days or ought.

Thanks

Astra (H) VXR
Yea I get that, that's why I wanted some opinions, because the most expensive arnt always the best, suppose it depends on how you use the car... I suffer the great northern weather so good wets are probably required.. It is summet after all :/ lol

Astra (H) VXR
Hankook, I had never heard of these but just looked and it's got Hankook Ventus primes on.... They have been ok actually for the last few months I've owned it.... Cheers guys

Astra (H) VXR
Toyo proxy t1r? I have had these before would 74.50 fitted per tyre be a good price? They where on a valver I bought about 4 years back so wasn't sure of the price.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^ Assuming it's a ph2, it'll be on 16s ?

They're an old compound. Just replaced my barely worn T1-Rs with the V12s as I personally think the T1-R's are distinctly average.

Astra (H) VXR
Yea it's a ph2 on 16s.. Might try some others then, there is a tyre shopper garage half a mile from my house so will pop in and see what they can do.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just had 2 Yokohama S Drives off either Camskill or Black circles for £120 (195 45 16). Very impressed with them so far. Hankook Ventus seem to be a really popular choice though.

172cup
I got a set of contisport 3's a good while ago. They've held up well and id recommend them. Always fancied getting a set of v12's though as everyone raves on about how good they are!

225 meg
Uniroyal rainsports are suppose to be pretty good from what ihave heard at a good price think camskill are doing them for £56 atm 195/45/16

PB Clio 172
Swings and roundabouts with tyres

I didnt want to spend too much so I am using Toyo proxes 4's atm and I love them. Good price, good tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.