ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tyres for Santa Pod?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Is there any point in getting some new tyres for Santa Pod?

I think I need some new ones in the next couple of months but would rather spread the cost and get 2 now and 2 in a few months if at all possible.

At the moment I've got a couple of Hankook and Ventus Prime tyres, they aren't too shabby but I want some Goodyear F1's.

Would it be better to replace the rears or fronts first?

200 FF Storm Grey
Put your rears on your front for the time being if you just want something to tie you over, rear wear is alot slower than front

ITB'd 182...
No point tbh

Thye will get a battering!

Strip as much weight out from the car as possible to try and get a good time. And no limiter action ;)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I'm thinking of stripping out the rear seats, spare wheel and jack, is that worthwhile?

Any other tips?

EDIT: What's a good time for a standard 172?

ITB'd 182...
Yeah its a good start

anyhting you dont need then take out, as little fuel as possible and maybe drop the front tyre pressures slightly

In regards to times i think anywhere around 15seconds is good.

Any lower and you should be well pleased tbh

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
OK cool. I've got a Ktec stealth exhaust and I'm tempted to remap it with an RS Tuner too.

200 FF Storm Grey
Unsure on whether to take my seats out for USC, im planning to put a cage in anyway but dont want 182 seats getting torn or ruined