ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV time

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Right got £400 to spend on a 37/40" TV I want it to be a decent brand, ie Panasonic/Sony (any others to consider - LG?)

Where's the best place to source one from these days.

Cheers cs geeks
:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tesco? :eek:

Yeah thats the plan, waiting till next week or the next few weeks.

Red
Yes tesco, Apple don't like them though.

I dont know much about tv's tbh but the prices for them were low I could tell that much.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Were's the best place to get one these days? Been looking on Tesco/Amazon, is Currys/Comet worth a go especially for a bit of a haggle?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
We got a cracking price on a 42" LG from Tesco last year.

LED screens look pretty impressive also, but I think they might be out of you budget range mate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just searching Tesco are a good bit cheaper than others, hmmm!

So, what makes are 'decent'?

In my mind, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony (bit pricey) LG, any others to consider?

2014 Clio 200t edc
We bought a toshiba led from currys, absolutely rubbish sound quality!!
We've now got a Panasonic 3d plasma. Great tv IMO.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. TV for up to £400 and a cinema system for around £200 is the plan, bout time I had something of reasonable quality :)

Comet usually put their boxing day sale stuff online late tonight/early morning so do a reserve and collect for boxing day.

RS6 C7
i wouldn't be buying from Comet (although they have been great for me) They are currently in massive debts and the company is for sale for £1.. , If they go bust the tv warranty will not be worth the paper it's written on. :)

i wouldn't be buying from Comet (although they have been great for me) They are currently in massive debts and the company is for sale for £1.. , If they go bust the tv warranty will not be worth the paper it's written on. :)

Or you could sort out a warranty repair via the manufacturer...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Richer Sounds always have a decent selection at good prices and I've found for salesman the staff don't bullshit you too much.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
i got one from richer sounds in nov a 37" LED LG tv the staff were very good when i went in there. they also do a shop and web price match.

Fiesta ST-2
Richer Sounds always have a decent selection at good prices and I've found for salesman the staff don't bullshit you too much.

Got my 40" samsung lcd 6 months ago was £350 from these guys with 5 year warranty (which they charge 20% of the tv's value for).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
yer i got one of there 5 year warranty's to think it was about £37 can't complain about that

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Going to pop in tomorrow, hopefully get a TV/cinema set up for around £600, that sound do able? It doesnt have to be ground breaking stuff like whats housed in the CS mansion or anything ;)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
panasonic G10 50" is only about £400 now and is an outstanding tv. im extremely fussy and i have that tv, bought it when it came out for like £1200 then the price dropped a few weeks later :mad: typical

richersounds should have them in stock, might be able to get the g20 for that sort of money now

MK3 GTI golf 16v
tell a lie, there still expensive :/ must of been on offer when i seen them, saying that they should have there sale soon