ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TOYOs Proxes T1Rs.... perfect!

Clio 182
Just had all four corners changed to TOYOs Proxes T1Rs 205/45/R16 on my 182.......

Bargain £62 each from Camskill, the best tyre ive had fiited since the original Exaltos!! Tried Goodyear F1s which just kept burning up

phase 1 flamer 172
Just fitted 4 as well, 195/45x16, as i rarely use the car in the wet should be fine.

LY R26
Had t1r's for a while on the cup, like people say bit soft in the dry and s**te in the wet. Still good for the money tho, on michelin ps3's now and defo worth the extra cash!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
T1R are "ok" in my experience neither brilliant or terrible at wet or dry. Great value though.

Weird that you think they outperform F1s, I cant really see that being the case, have you had your tracking sorted since or any other changes?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, I found the F1's significantly better in all conditions to the T1R's, but both are better than the wallow you get from Spec 2's

Impreza Wagon
I'm running T1R's now and they perform good enough for the price. I found they needed a bit of scrubbing in before they actually had good contact with the road. In the future I'll stick with Michelins/Conti's or on a lower budget Hankook V12's.

Out of all the tyres Ive tried F1's were my favourite. T1R are ok, as said for what they cost cant complain.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
My T1R's ont he Mk1 were fine in the wet. the only reason I didnt get them put on the 182 was becasue the wear really fast. I ended up getting hankook v12's, but really wanted hte RS2's, but htey were all out of stock.

had F1's on my cup when i bought it.. the fronts were pretty much a slick after 6k and the rears were awful on a coldish morning.. always used to slide going round a roundabout as i pulled out of my estate.. good tyre in the warm and dry but i found them pretty crap in the rain tbh i now run T1R's and i quite like them actually iv used hankook S1 evo and they wern't a bad tyre either

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Anyone that thinks a T1R is that bad, can't have driven on a tyre that's actually bad. I like them, I've done tens of thousands of miles on them in various cars. I'll be going back to them very shortly after trying Hankook v12 evo's and being pretty underwhelmed.