ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Toy - TL1000S

Since selling the 182 I've needed something relatively quick to mess about with on a weekend...

I bought a TLS off my uncle last month which he has owned since 2003, however, it had been stood for 6/7years.
It's a 1997 model from Canada, it was imported into the UK in 1998 and the rest is history.
After a month of faffing about, pulling it apart and putting it back together it went for its MOT last Thursday and it passed.
A few photos since owning it...

34332586172_e8375ec23c_z.jpg
TL1000S
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

34853679092_9115285ec5_z.jpg
TLS

34206651503_be04950919_z.jpg
TLS

As you can see in the first photo it used to have riser bars fitted, however I wanted the original clipons refitting.
The bike needs some love, mainly the fairing but I'm yet to come across many green models in the UK

Anyway thanks for looking!

Seem to remember these are a bit of a handful ?
They did get the name the 'widowmaker', which was partly down to the rotary rear damper instead of the conventional setup in 99% of other bikes.
I've also fitted a steering damper as they are known to tank slap when pushing on as well.
Looks nice.

I've decided to buy a 125 to cruise around on with a view to doing my full license later on in the year. They're a lot cheaper than cars but you obviously risk dying.
Ahh get it done, the test is far easier than the car test but yeah you have to be far more aware of what's going on around you when riding.

330i. E30 Touring.
Knew i'd seen this before:

gtavicecity.jpg