ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Top Engine mount, Poly bush or not?

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I'm going to change my top right engine mount on my 172 cup soon, as my current one is a little worn now. Just wondering whether to get a Powerflex bush for it or not? Heard they can cause a bit of cabin vibration, I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Any suggestions/recommendation?

Cheers

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Nah it's not going on track, not any time soon anyways, cheers man

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Get a new OEM one, can always add a powerflex upper engine mount insert at a later date if you wanted.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Get a new OEM one, can always add a powerflex upper engine mount insert at a later date if you wanted.

Yeah they were might thoughts

Anyone know what the Febi mounts are like out of interest? Do they compare to the OEM ones or are they not worth looking at?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah they were might thoughts

Anyone know what the Febi mounts are like out of interest? Do they compare to the OEM ones or are they not worth looking at?

I changed mine about 6 months ago and I either got a Febi one or a Kangoo one, can't remember which, but either way it's fine.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeh, I'm sure I got a Kangoo upper engine mount and a Febi upper gearbox mount.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I went with the Febi, much better now, looks much cleaner as well

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Inserts do bugger all to movement in the grand scheme of things
They do cause a bit of vibration
Best example is to imagine ur self in a mk1 traffic ☺

you'd be surprised. We sorted one customer who was running a good amount of camber. He kept on replacing CV joints after every trackday. £20 and the issue was fixed. It has its place certainly but slower speeds and low camber settings for a near standard road car with a new engine mount is maybe not it...