ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Modding

Clio 1.4 16v (52 plate)
Hey guys I'm new to all this.

Got my Clio about a month ago, i want to mod it for sure but im on a very tight buget. its only a 1.4 16v, can any recomend cheap but effective performance and handling mods

3 Series touring
cheap but least effective = induction kit.

not cheap but by far the most effective =buy a faster car (182)

cheapest mod and most effective mod for a 1.4 16v which will improve handling and speed and braking is.... STRIP IT!

ibiza cupra
lowering springs. as long as you dont go too low you can still use the standard shocks. gives better handling and an over all better look. you can also get cheap strut braces which also help with the handling (altho some say they dont make a difference) but either way it looks good. and wheels, either a nice set of cheap second hand ones of here or e-bay or just a refirb and maybe colour change on your standards. this combined with keeping it clean makes all the difference bud. as for performance there is the induction kits and exhusts that you can get and maybe a remap if your funds let you. but if you do go for a remap, do the ik and exhust frst to get the most out of them. all of them together would probly give you a nice little kick.

Clio 1.4 16v (52 plate)
lowering springs. as long as you dont go too low you can still use the standard shocks. gives better handling and an over all better look. you can also get cheap strut braces which also help with the handling (altho some say they dont make a difference) but either way it looks good. and wheels, either a nice set of cheap second hand ones of here or e-bay or just a refirb and maybe colour change on your standards. this combined with keeping it clean makes all the difference bud. as for performance there is the induction kits and exhusts that you can get and maybe a remap if your funds let you. but if you do go for a remap, do the ik and exhust frst to get the most out of them. all of them together would probly give you a nice little kick.

Thanks mate for the advice, what brands would you recommend and how much bhp would they add

Thanks mate for the advice, what brands would you recommend and how much bhp would they add

It's a complete waste of your time/money tuning a small engine. Best way to go is do the handling - lower the car, better tyres, better brakes, strip the car out if you want. You will gain a lot more through doing that than trying to tune a 1.4.

a turbo'd yellow car
the most you are going to get is 10bhp if you did all that!

you got to ask your self is it wurth the money?

make it look good first! lower and tint plus get some new wheels like the chap said!

unless you turbo it or cam the engine you will never get any real gains!

:approve:

Clio 1.4 16v (52 plate)
the most you are going to get is 10bhp if you did all that!

you got to ask your self is it wurth the money?

make it look good first! lower and tint plus get some new wheels like the chap said!

unless you turbo it or cam the engine you will never get any real gains!

:approve:

Cheers im lookin at some quotes for tintin at the moment, i dont think im going to get a body kit as where i live has a hell of a lot of speed bumps, and im currently workin on the audio. thanks for the advice

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
Getting the best tyres you can afford will be the smartest thing you can do.

Don't bother with lowering springs without better shocks, I had a 1.4 with two different types of lowering springs (including Eibach) and they both ruined the ride totally.

a turbo'd yellow car
Cheers im lookin at some quotes for tintin at the moment, i dont think im going to get a body kit as where i live has a hell of a lot of speed bumps, and im currently workin on the audio. thanks for the advice

rear tints if you looked hard you could get done for 70qid but normal price will be £120! will cost around £200 for all round but you could get 3points a window if the fronts are more than 10% tinted

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
yeah mine cost 230 for medium rear and secutiry filmed fronts,

expensive stuff!

Clio 172 cup
bodykits on clios are a serious NO it will cost a fortune to buy fit and have sprayed and after all that effort your left with a car that's worth less money than if you had left it standard. IMO

b/g 182, meg tourer
to be honest, all i would do is tidy it up a little. lower it a sensible ammount (60mm?), clear or smoked side repeaters. just small tastefull mods, not big bodykits or x4 exhausts.
if i had a non sport i would spend on some wheels and possibly seats from the sport models. i wouldn't worry about engine mods at all.

320d
I'm with theduck Strip it comletely bare and you'll have a reasonably nippy car. Remap from ktec is supposed to be good for 10bhp but i've seen no dyno results to prove this. Decat and exahust system would also improve breathing.