ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to forum, looking for a project and guidance!

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Hi All,

First post just looking to say hello really and pick everyone's brains before we take the plunge on ideally a clio 172 PH2, the car isn't going to be a daily it is purely going to be used for fun.

we are looking to buy the car for between 2-2.5k , I know that itll have a fair few miles on it for that but from what I can gather as long as belt has been done 76k miles? the engines are relatively tough ? like I say, the car is for fun really. bit of a nothing post at the minute as we haven't even bought the car just yet it will be next month, is there anything other than the usual older car purchase stuff such as service history check for damage, hpi etc we should be looking out for? realise that we aren't going to get something immaculate for the money but that's part of the fun isn't it.

Any help/pointers etc would be appreciated, cheers!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
72 or 5 years ref timing belt.

For that budget i would expect a low ish miles 172, middle of the road 182. Buy the best that's available.

Clio Sport 172 PH2
72 or 5 years ref timing belt.

For that budget i would expect a low ish miles 172, middle of the road 182. Buy the best that's available.
cheers for that mate , ill have a week or two looking about and making sure I know as much as I can I don't want to be wasting peoples times with the obvious questions that have been answered a thousand times already....there doesn't seem to be much about at the moment on the trader or piston heads though