ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to detailing

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Any tips for me as i'm new to this and will be doing it all when my stuff arrives. Not done claying before so how would i go about this....got the megs set.

Any guides on here that anyone knows of? So far I think:

Hose car down
Spray and brush wheels
Wash with two buckets and lambs wool mit
Power Wash
Dry
Autoglym tar remover on all tar spots
Power Wash
Clay bar all of car starting at top and working down and round
Wash again and power wash
Dry
Apply polish in circle motions? and then buff off
Clean all windows and lights
Apply Glaze
Wax

Black Sheep
Yeah you have got it right. Although I was told to do either polish or glaze. But I was using poor boys black hole. I am sure someone will be along to keep you right.

CIMG1702.jpg

'cos your hands will be like sandpaper after all that washing :(

Honda & VW
Yeah you have got it right. Although I was told to do either polish or glaze. But I was using poor boys black hole. I am sure someone will be along to keep you right.

Depends if you want to Mask (Glaze like Blackhole) or Correct (Polish)?

Not a 320d
no, just spray the pannel and clay, and keep it well lubed. Rub back and forth.

Shampoo and water will do the job, although you can just wipe with a plush cloth and dry the pannel when using a QD.

Do you want to polish, glaze and wax?

R26 + EV0 FQ340
You need to clean off as much crub as possible before claying. Use pelnty of QD and split the clay into half. That way If you drop It on the floor you won't have ruined a whole bar. Keep kneeding the clay to keep It soft and folding It over so you have a fresh bit to use. Once the first piece of clay Is looking bad, bin It and use the other piece. It's easy enough to do, just take your time.

It's up to you. I'm guessing you are polishing by hand by your first post. In which case you are very unlikely to remove all of the swirls. Therefore, a glaze with fillers (like Blackhole) will fill the remaining swirls and really augment the look of your paint.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I need to make up a guide for the detailing section... oh wait.

I started on a Virgin Train once. Then arrived at my destination, had a beer and forgot all about it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol. The one in here is pretty old. Needs updating.

I'll have a think about it.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks JD. Yes i've read the guide but obviously dosent answer my questions or i wouldnt be asking.....