ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New thermostat - slightly livlier

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
After 12 years on the car I changed the old thermostat for a new one. Needle now sits in the middle of the temp gauge and car is feeling a bit better for it. Shows how small changes make a difference. Cost £15 from Renault (comes with a gasket fitted so don't let them flog you it separately).

Mec 350 slk manual
I have just ordered one for renault because the temp gauge is sitting two bars below the middle and the car does not feel like is is running right and the heater feels warm I think it running on a cold map ? Did this make the car respond any better

I sorted my thermostat the other day and the car definitely feel smoother and gets upto temp nicely now.

When I was replacing my coolant I let it run upto temp, kept checking the pipe to feel when the coolant was let loose, then kept it sat some more until the fan kicked in, then replaced the cap on the coolant.

Runs spot on now.

You will need coolant from Renault also, Type D coolant. Its £12 for 5L pre-mixed.

RS Clio 172 & E39
For something do do with temp as well, i just bought a rs clio 172. All the other sensors have already been replaced but the previous owner told me to change also the engine temp sensor from which the ECU gets the info on the temperature.

Why is it so important to change on these? My gauge is in normal range about in the middle also in cold weather, but i got the idea that there are two different sensors for the temp. 1 for ecu and 1 for the gauges.

So my actual question is where can i find it and does anyone have the part number in mind? Or is there an online catalog from which to find the part numbers? This is my first Renault so i'm quite confused about all the information found.

The car is pre-facelift mk2 172.

RS Clio 172 & E39
That's exactly what i was thinking, but the previous owner was pretty anxious to get the sensor changed. That's why i came here to check if there is some real need for it, allthough the car seems to be OK.

RS Clio 172 & E39
Ok, so basically if the temp reading is OK, the ECU will get the information from the same sensor. Then it was utter bull**it from the previous owner.

Thanks for the info guys.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
did mine the other day, even though the original one appeared to function OK when I put it in hot water.
Gauge actually gets to half way and stays there now, instead of being a bar below